Author Topic: What does this mean ??  (Read 1026 times)

Offline willowwilliam

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
What does this mean ??
« on: Wednesday 11 March 15 03:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I have found a Great Grandad who was in the East Lancashire Regiment 3rd battalion and on a webpage I have found the following : 3rd (Reserve) Battalion
 August 1914 : in Preston. Moved on mobilisation to the Laira Battery at Plymouth. Moved on to Saltburn and Marske on 1 June 1917 for duty with Tees Garrison.... What is Tees Garrison. I am aware this might be a completely silly question but I really don't know :)

Offline Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: What does this mean ??
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 11 March 15 06:17 GMT (UK) »
Someone else will have more knowledge but it looks at though various regiments that were garrisoned around the mouth of the River Tees and the Tees Bay to defend it and the industrial areas on the river http://1914-1918.invisionzone.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19353

Kay

Offline stevew101

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stotfold Boy
    • View Profile
Re: What does this mean ??
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 11 March 15 06:52 GMT (UK) »
Sorry - Duplicate link

Please ignore my early morning mistake.

Steve
**Please ask if you wish to modify my restores**    HFD Turner-Warwick-Gentle-Game-Harris-Howard-Clements-Gould-James-Lee-Cooper-Castle-Pallet-Hide-Barns-Watts-Swain-Shatbolt-Bonfield-Gundrill-Izard-Impy-Ellis-Carter-Honour BFD Gentle-Tansley-Bly-Rowney-Wilshire-Fisher-Tingay-Ivory-Clark SFK Jay-Norman-Ship ESX Jay-Mann-Gould-Fletcher MIDDX Roberts-Longe AUSTRALIA - Henry Gentle 1795-1865