Author Topic: Plans to celebrate the 100th anniversary of 1916 Easter Rising in Enniscorthy?  (Read 2592 times)

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
I have not seen/heard of any plans to mark the anniversary in Enniscorthy - are there any?
My grandmother was one of the 1916 patriots, and I want to make sure I can travel back to Ireland next year for the 100th anniversary celebrations.
- Wexflyer
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
Re: Plans to celebrate the 100th anniversary of 1916 Easter Rising in Enniscorthy?
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 14 March 15 18:35 GMT (UK) »
Hello,
There are mentions here - you could perhaps contact the newspapers for more information

http://www.wexfordecho.ie/2015/02/11/countdown-to-1916-centenary-in-enniscorthy/

http://thechronicle.ie/2015/02/23/major-programme-of-events-planned-for-1916-anniversary-230215/

Heywood

Thanks! I see why you mention contacting the papers for further information, as neither article you link to thought to provide any contact details for the "Centenary Committee" - typical.....
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Plans to celebrate the 100th anniversary of 1916 Easter Rising in Enniscorthy?
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 14 March 15 20:00 GMT (UK) »
i was going to suggest contacting Enniscorthy Castle http://enniscorthycastle.ie/plan-my-visit/about-enniscorthy-castle as I thought the tourist information office was there. We called last year but went to the 1798 centre instead.
On looking at the castle site, it mentions the 1916 exhibition if you scroll down  :)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk