Author Topic: Death for John Lloyd born 1742 Llanfihangel-Yng-Ngwynfa  (Read 4514 times)

Offline Griffl

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Death for John Lloyd born 1742 Llanfihangel-Yng-Ngwynfa
« on: Saturday 14 March 15 10:36 GMT (UK) »
Hia,

I am searching for a death for John Lloyd who was born 1742 in Llanfihangel yng Ngwynfa
He had a child called John Lloyd with Mary Bate of Guilsfield in 1790
that child died he was "of Llanfihangel" then...and they were unmarried
They had another John in 1792 in Guilsfield again, still unmarried
this John lived into adulthood and said he was from Meifod(Neighbouring parish to Guilsfield)

The pair married in 1797 in Llangyniew, he was 16 years her senior I believe
at the time of marriage she was a spinster and he was a widow

I believe they had one last child called David later on in 1797 in the parish of Llanfihangel yng ngwynfa

After that I don't know anything else of him
wonder if anyone could help please??

Cheers

Offline SKL

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Death for John Lloyd born 1742 Llanfihangel-Yng-Ngwynfa
« Reply #1 on: Friday 11 September 15 17:09 BST (UK) »
Hello Griffi....I have just been taking a quick look around  rootschat  after a few years absence and low and behold here u are looking for info on someone who could be my ggggrandfather...My gggrandfather was a David Lloyd born in 1797 in Llanfihangel-Yng-Ngwynfa..I have not been able to track down his parents..hopefully now I have..If its the same David ,he travelled to France and married a French woman named Caroline Elizabeth Jaeglin.I do not know when David and Caroline died. Hopefully  there is a connection here... Regards ..SKL

Offline Griffl

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 20 December 15 17:09 GMT (UK) »
Hello Griffi....I have just been taking a quick look around  rootschat  after a few years absence and low and behold here u are looking for info on someone who could be my ggggrandfather...My gggrandfather was a David Lloyd born in 1797 in Llanfihangel-Yng-Ngwynfa..I have not been able to track down his parents..hopefully now I have..If its the same David ,he travelled to France and married a French woman named Caroline Elizabeth Jaeglin.I do not know when David and Caroline died. Hopefully  there is a connection here... Regards ..SKL

Hello SKL, very sorry for not replying sooner! I seem to have stopped recieving email updates from new posts.
I don't have the records to hand at the moment but that sounds very interesting indeed!
What was he doing in France? I have gone a little further back, although I must admit I'm uncertain if it's correct... I'd love to share any information I have if you send me a private message:)

Offline SKL

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 29 December 15 11:05 GMT (UK) »
Hello Griffi....sorry for the delay in my reply.I am very happy that you did see my message and hopefully we can help each other..Now, from the info I have found,David may have been an engineer...He did work on the locomotives/Rail in Alsace..He was  there in 1826 where he married a Caroline Elizabeth Jaeglin....I found a news cutting dated around 1839 where his contributions are  mentioned .He and his family then left France for Switzerland....No trace of them after that until one of his sons..my gggrandfather (Alphonso Adolph Lloyd) arrived in Australia in 1855 settling in the gold fields...Will leave you with that for the moment..hopefully will hear from you soon ..Regards SKL