Author Topic: Joseph(Jose) and David Redman Indiana  (Read 14787 times)

Offline jettejjane

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Dad - 9 times Mayor of Arundel
    • View Profile
Joseph(Jose) and David Redman Indiana
« on: Saturday 14 March 15 10:54 GMT (UK) »
Joseph b 1805 England died  1850 Indiana. Married 1830 Elizabeth Ann Davis from  Tennessee. Elizabeth later married Hiram Seats.

I think she may also have married Joseph's brother David in 1868.This is what I am looking for. If this is correct, her son Jake(?) killed David 1868. David's son Joel Hume then killed Jake.I have copy of an interview with Joel, he tells of murders, he also names his Step mother as widow Elizabeth Davis. I have just guessed she is Joseph's wife. A Canadian cousin tells me this is correct. However I can't corroborate this.

I also am looking to see if Elizabeth had a son called Jake or anything about her, I believe she died 1882. Her male children with Joseph were, John, Edward, William, George, Andrew Taylor. No Jake. Did she and Hiram have a Jake?

A lot of this is guesswork, can anyone help please.
Redman, Jupp, Brockhurst of West Sussex
Moore County Down. Redman of Posey, Indiana, USA Emigrated 1820

Offline ..claire..

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Genealogy...Life in the Past Lane
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph(Jose) and David Redman Indiana
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 14 March 15 11:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Have you looked on FS, I can see an 1870 census return in which there is a Hiram SEAT bn Tenessee with wife BETSY aged 68 from Tenesse. Is this the right family ?

claire
Luce, Tippett , Thomson, Dolling ~ Devon & Cornwall
Mocquard ~ London, France
Census info is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 14 March 15 11:25 GMT (UK) »
Hiram Seat and Elizabeth Redman married in 1850 in Indiana, so that may help to give you a timeframe and location for hunting for a possible Jake or Jacob. If he was their son, then he must have been fairly young when he killed David.
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Atknin, Austin, Bainbridge, Beach, Bullman, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Corsall, Coxon, Davis, Dinnin, Dow, Farside, Fitton, Garden, Geddes, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedderweek, Heron, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Jameson, Johnson, Laidler, Leck, Mason, Miller, Milne, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Prudow, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Youn

Offline ..claire..

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Genealogy...Life in the Past Lane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 14 March 15 11:57 GMT (UK) »
Luce, Tippett , Thomson, Dolling ~ Devon & Cornwall
Mocquard ~ London, France
Census info is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 14 March 15 12:23 GMT (UK) »
If a Canadian Cousin tells you this is correct, then the Canadian Cousin must have the proof to back it up - otherwise it is hearsay  ???

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline jettejjane

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 14 March 15 13:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi

To avoid duplication

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=699152.0

claire

Sorry guys! I didn't realise I had been down this road before. Didn't mean to waste your time.

No my Canadian cousin does not seem to have proof. Or the proof I have. Have access to her tree and just finished going through everything on the American branch. Few things I don't agree with. I will not add anything to my tree unless 100% with docs to back up. I have purchased lots from the States and have many pages from Baptist registers on my Redman s. She has one person dying 1880's and appearing on 1900 census. Then another died 1930 is on 1940 census. Another is on census, Race Black then in Army Race White! I will mail her later about these finds, I did warn her I was going through it.

I am not sharing my doc' think I have given too much, does that sound bad. She questioned a death that she guessed? then asked what proof I had, all I said was it was from Baptist Reg. I am not sure where she gets into from. Every day I get a mail from ancestry to say more people been added, she is a very fast worker :o

This is a challenge ;D Thanks for replies.

I suppose Jake could be a son from another marriage of Hiram. Yes Betsy could be Elizabeth.

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 14 March 15 13:08 GMT (UK) »
If she is so fast, then she may just be copying and pasting from other trees without checking anything. Good thing that you are double checking everything before accepting into your tree.
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Atknin, Austin, Bainbridge, Beach, Bullman, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Corsall, Coxon, Davis, Dinnin, Dow, Farside, Fitton, Garden, Geddes, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedderweek, Heron, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Jameson, Johnson, Laidler, Leck, Mason, Miller, Milne, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Prudow, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Youn

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 14 March 15 13:20 GMT (UK) »
This is no great surprise to you Jane, you have known the information from the cousin was "suspect"  and tree information always needs checked - so may people just copy information without checking - there have been many threads from frustrated RootsChatters about authenticity of information ancestry trees  ::)

Have a vague recollection of looking for a previous marriage for Hiram and or children and never found anything.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline jettejjane

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 14 March 15 13:38 GMT (UK) »
This is no great surprise to you Jane, you have known the information from the cousin was "suspect"  and tree information always needs checked - so may people just copy information without checking - there have been many threads from frustrated RootsChatters about authenticity of information ancestry trees  ::)

Have a vague recollection of looking for a previous marriage for Hiram and or children and never found anything.

Sandra

Sandra I always print out these threads when they come to an end. No nothing was found on Hiram. 

One thing has just struck me, I hope she never comes in here and sees what I have said about her! Oops ;D

I find the American branch very interesting but have to walk away from it every now and then. That's when I lose track of where I got too with my questions.

By the way how do I resurrect an old thread to avoid duplication? I assumed today's question was a new one. I have a lot to learn, hope you will all be patient with me. I need your help ;D

Jane