Author Topic: Joseph(Jose) and David Redman Indiana  (Read 14782 times)

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph(Jose) and David Redman Indiana
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 14 March 15 13:43 GMT (UK) »
One way of dealing with a new question which may have some overlap with an old topic is:
  • Mark the previous topic as completed
  • Put a link to and brief explanation of the previous topic in your first post on the new topic
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Atknin, Austin, Bainbridge, Beach, Bullman, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Corsall, Coxon, Davis, Dinnin, Dow, Farside, Fitton, Garden, Geddes, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedderweek, Heron, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Jameson, Johnson, Laidler, Leck, Mason, Miller, Milne, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Prudow, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Youn

Offline jettejjane

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Dad - 9 times Mayor of Arundel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 14 March 15 13:44 GMT (UK) »
Sandra,

just had my daily ancestry mail! More info has been added to our tree!!!!!

Thanks Lynda will try and do that in future.

Jane :D
Redman, Jupp, Brockhurst of West Sussex
Moore County Down. Redman of Posey, Indiana, USA Emigrated 1820

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 14 March 15 13:56 GMT (UK) »
If it helps - these are some of your USA topics on the Redmans - hope it helps having the links in one place.  ;) 

Edward Redman Emigrated to Indiana

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=649020.0

Redmans - Posey Indiana

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=697216.0

Seeking Father of Edward Redman

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=650793.0

Help Obtaining Newspaper Article

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=685421.0

Indiana

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=699152.0

Sandra

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline jettejjane

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 14 March 15 15:17 GMT (UK) »
If it helps - these are some of your USA topics on the Redmans - hope it helps having the links in one place.  ;) 

Shall I mark them completed and start again next time?

I work mainly on kindle at weekends not sure if that can cope with adding links. I do research at work on work PC. Even then not sure about adding lots links. Quite a novice with all this. Lack confidence as well.

Jane  ???

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 14 March 15 15:26 GMT (UK) »
If you enquiry is related to a topic that has already been mentioned - its best to use that link and then people can read about your enquiry all in one place, instead of jumping from thread to thread.  For some reason the boards have been full of duplication of late, not sure if that's because there are fewer moderators and so much for them to do, that no one is able tidy things up.

Sandra  ;)
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline jettejjane

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 14 March 15 15:50 GMT (UK) »
Sandra,

Next time I have a question about American branch I go back into one of those threads and carry on?

Looking at the links you gave i see a moderator put them together.

Sorry I really am trying to understand, I am only thick when I get in here-honest ;D  i don't think I am cut out for this. Perhaps time to throw towel in. That comment born out of pure frustration and not understanding chat rooms.

Jane ???

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 14 March 15 16:01 GMT (UK) »
Please don't let this put you off Jane. Don't give up.

You are not the only one who has doubts when they want to ask a new question about a subject they have addressed before. I have tried tacking it on the end of an existing topic and got no interest at all. This is why I suggested that it might make sense to shut down the previous topics and put in a link to them with a brief explanation. There may be no right way or wrong way to do it. If you are unsure about whether your post is ok you could ask a moderator for advice by hitting the report to moderator button and asking them to consider whether to leave it as a separate post or integrate it with an earlier one.
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Atknin, Austin, Bainbridge, Beach, Bullman, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Corsall, Coxon, Davis, Dinnin, Dow, Farside, Fitton, Garden, Geddes, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedderweek, Heron, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Jameson, Johnson, Laidler, Leck, Mason, Miller, Milne, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Prudow, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Youn

Offline jettejjane

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 14 March 15 16:26 GMT (UK) »
Please don't let this put you off Jane. Don't give up.

It has put me off a bit. So think I will back off. I don't understand chatroom     etiquette. All this mentioning what you have asked before so it doesn't confuse means to me that everyone will remember what replies they have given me ftom 3  years ago. I don't expect that at all. I can't remember what happened last week. I know what I mean but I may have written that wrong. I still think my new (or not) topics are different questions about same family. Beam me up Scottie!

Confused of Arundel :o
Jane x

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 14 March 15 16:34 GMT (UK) »
Well I certainly read it as a different question which was worth researching. I may not have paid much attention to it if you had hung it under an existing title.

Please don't let this stop you from staying as a rootschatter and asking us more questions.