Author Topic: Bell / Dalton Sligo  (Read 5306 times)

Offline Jaynekb

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Bell / Dalton Sligo
« on: Saturday 14 March 15 13:55 GMT (UK) »
Trying to trace parents of James Bell born Sligo. James was born November around 1929. Mother nee Dalton. Father from Scotland.

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Bell / Dalton Sligo
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 14 March 15 14:07 GMT (UK) »
This could be the birth registration for your James Bell in 1930:
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:F13P-JQZ

And a possible brother Paul in 1932
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:F1QL-KYV
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Atknin, Austin, Bainbridge, Beach, Bullman, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Corsall, Coxon, Davis, Dinnin, Dow, Farside, Fitton, Garden, Geddes, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedderweek, Heron, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Jameson, Johnson, Laidler, Leck, Mason, Miller, Milne, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Prudow, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Youn

Offline Jaynekb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 14 March 15 14:33 GMT (UK) »
Yes, I have seen this record but it only gives the mother's maiden name.

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 14 March 15 14:39 GMT (UK) »
I have never delved deeply into Irish records myself, but I am assuming you would be able to order the birth certificate on the basis of the information there. That would give you more information about the parents. Maybe someone else who is more familiar with Irish research can tell you how to buy the certificate.
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Atknin, Austin, Bainbridge, Beach, Bullman, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Corsall, Coxon, Davis, Dinnin, Dow, Farside, Fitton, Garden, Geddes, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedderweek, Heron, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Jameson, Johnson, Laidler, Leck, Mason, Miller, Milne, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Prudow, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Youn

Offline Jaynekb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 14 March 15 14:52 GMT (UK) »
I have just ordered birth cert on line. Thanks.

Offline Jaynekb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 14 March 15 14:54 GMT (UK) »
Would be great if I could find a marriage entry.

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 14 March 15 15:00 GMT (UK) »
If you don't have any luck trying to find a marriage in Ireland it may also be worth trying Scotland if one of the parties was Scottish. www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk is the best place to search for BMDs in Scotland. It is a pay as you go site using credits, but if you filter your searches you can get quite a lot of useful information without having to pay.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 14 March 15 15:11 GMT (UK) »
Why not post more of the information that you already know?
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 14 March 15 15:22 GMT (UK) »
Hallmark, I get the impression that Jaynekb is fairly new to Rootschat and still figuring out the best way to navigate the site and ask questions. I don't feel my time has been wasted in responding to her post.