Author Topic: Henry Parks Walker born 1842 Bartington  (Read 1655 times)

Offline James2you

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Henry Parks Walker born 1842 Bartington
« on: Sunday 15 March 15 09:03 GMT (UK) »
I have him up to 1861 where the record shows he is a shoemaker still living at the family home but after that he seems to disappear , how do I check to see if he joined a particular force , i.e. Army Navy ? I tried the death search-nothing, I even dropped his middle name - nothing ...
Any suggestions please. His dad was William Walker born 1813 Weaverham & Mother Elizabeth Parks might be Parkes bn 1822 Bartington.

Thanks

Offline ColC

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Henry Parks Walker born 1842 Bartington
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 15 March 15 12:27 GMT (UK) »
The only thing I can find which may be relevant is a death for Henry Walker, age 28 (1843) - Q2/1871.
registered Nantwich.

Colin
Clarke, Trickett, Orton, Lawless, Norton, Detheridge, Kirby, Goodfellow, Wagstaff, Lowe, etc.

Offline James2you

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 15 March 15 14:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Colin, thanks for the thoughts, he was born 1842 and I do have him in 1861 so I do not think that was my Walker. I have seen something somewhere in some old notes about a name change because of birth before parents wed, I am sure he was originally William Henry Parks( mothers maiden name)Walker and his name changed in the next census, becoming Henry Parks Walker, but that does not alter the fact that he does not appear in either a death record marriage or any military records that I have seen. Unless any one knows different..

John

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 15 March 15 16:02 GMT (UK) »
The 1851 census lists him as Henry Parkes, the rest of the family have the surname Walker
H0107/ 2165 f76 page 2.  The next census has him as Walker (no middle name)

Just wondering why you are dismissing an 1871 death when you last have him in 1861  :-\

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline James2you

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 15 March 15 18:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rosie99, I am sure he wed, thing is I lost all my notes earlier this year an did not back anything up, very frustrating, most of the family are proving difficult to trace as well, I have dad William as an Inmate, also son Joseph in a prison at Knutsford , That is the only reason, I will keep these findings as well just in case.

Thanks