Author Topic: Date and Opinion sought for Nicol Family Photo of Thirsk Please  (Read 3562 times)

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Date and Opinion sought for Nicol Family Photo of Thirsk Please
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 18 March 15 07:07 GMT (UK) »
I just assumed it was the Daughter as I thought it unlikely to be the Mother as I thought she would be living with her Children on the censuses and if it was her...she would have been in her 90s if not older.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline cazza59

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 18 March 15 07:21 GMT (UK) »
So the probate is in the name of  Ann Nicol? 
Wilkinson - Shropshire;  Jones - Hereford; Mitchell - Brighton; Emery - Brighton; Hall - Brighton Christopher - Dorset; Bussell - Dorset; <br /><br /><br />This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><]

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 18 March 15 07:31 GMT (UK) »
Doh.....she must be the Mother if her name is Nicol and she's a widow.. :-[
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

Offline macnicol

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 20 March 15 17:05 GMT (UK) »
Looks like she could be related to my Great Aunt Katherine Nicol.  My great grandfather, William E Nicol, immigrated from Forgue / Huntly to US in the 1880s with his brothers.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 20 March 15 17:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi and welcome to Rootschat...How nice to hear from you...I have an album of CDVs of the Nicols Family from Leeds...we are try to piece together the background of this Family to make a connection with descendants to pass on these lovely images..Would you like to elaborate on how you feel you are connected to this Family. There are several photos on here in relation to the Nicol Family.
This Family are Ann and William Nicol of Leeds...Children that we know of are, Eliza, John and Mary Elizabeth...all born to William Nicols and Ann Waddington from 1820 - 1830
Carol

Offline chinakay

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Our housegoof
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 20 March 15 21:32 GMT (UK) »
Wow, this lady likes beads on her clothes. What a work of art that cape is!

The square corners on the second photo would be up the mid decade. You can see how her hairstyle has changed with fashion, from on top of her head in the 70s to low at the back in the 80s :)

What a fabulous photo. Wouldn't it look gorgeous in some colour, maybe a bottle green or burgundy. The beads are likely jet.

Cheers,
China
Moore/Paterson~Montreal
Moore/Addison~New Brunswick
Jubb/Kerr~Mirfield~Halifax~Moffatt
Williams~Dolwyddelan

King~Bedfordshire~Hull
Jenkins~Somerset
Sellers~Hull

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 23 March 15 20:23 GMT (UK) »
Sorry I'm late in replying China, I overlooked this one.....thanks for that...very helpful...the lady has now been identified as Mary Freeman thanks to the dating team and probate records. The dates help enormously.
Carol

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 28 March 15 17:42 GMT (UK) »
Another one brought back up for Lisa....such a lot to take in  ::) ;D ;D ;D
Carol

Offline macnicol

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 15 May 15 18:26 BST (UK) »
Hi and welcome to Rootschat...How nice to hear from you...Would you like to elaborate on how you feel you are connected to this Family...

Pls excuse late response. My Nicol ancestors are strictly of Scottish origin from the Huntly, Aberdeenshire area back for many generations. We have traced them back to the 1600s so far.