Author Topic: parents of John & Dorothy Harrison who was married 1837 at all saints newcastle  (Read 3174 times)

Offline oldhippyone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
is there anywhere i can find the parents of someone who was married on 21 feb 1837 at all saints newcastle upon tyne
john harrison and dorothy jackson as it was before registration i have looked on family search and ancestry and it doesn't give parents names

Offline oldhippyone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: parents
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 17 March 15 10:16 GMT (UK) »
forgot to say i have births as dorothy 1817 newcastle and john 1814 gateshead but cant find and birth records for them to get parents hence wanting marriage details for there parents

Offline Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 17 March 15 10:25 GMT (UK) »
Pre registration the records don't list the fathers name.   

Did John remarry a Mary Courtney in Gateshead in June Qtr 1860 10a 677?   If this is him the marriage cert should list his father
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:NLZQ-7MG

Kay

Offline oldhippyone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 17 March 15 10:40 GMT (UK) »
yes he did , and amabout to order there certificate but it was the marriage between john and dorothy i was wanting so i could get both parents as both were my 4th grandparents

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 17 March 15 10:46 GMT (UK) »
This is very likely the baptism of Dorothy, it is the only one in Newcastle at the time

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:N172-C8L

In respect of John there are several to choose from in Gateshead so I think Kay's advice to get the second marriage certificate to see who the father is, is a good one
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.

Offline oldhippyone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 17 March 15 10:53 GMT (UK) »
thank you that is brilliant , i have tryed to find her parents for a long time and came up with nothing , yet you found it straight away , it obvious im doing something wrong ... i will send for john,s marriage to mary now thanks again

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 17 March 15 10:53 GMT (UK) »
This is possibly the marriage of Dorothy's parents

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:N2Y5-T2W

What you could do is use the browsable records on familysearch to look at the actual record for the marriage and the baptism to see if there are details that tie them together (and also those of any other children)
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.

Offline oldhippyone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 17 March 15 10:59 GMT (UK) »
once again thank you so much

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
The 1837 Marriage is on FreeREG, but the Witnesses are not from either Family it appears.
www.freereg.org.uk

Trish :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)