Author Topic: Mahoney  (Read 1716 times)

Offline Di-Lo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Mahoney
« on: Tuesday 17 March 15 21:13 GMT (UK) »
I am researching the Mahony family from Bristol, UK. Earliest research is a Mahony-Lewis marriage in 1857.

Michael Mahony - Ellen Lewis Married 1857 in Bristol.
MAHONY/MAHONEY - Mitchelstown, Cork area/ Kilbehenny, Limerick, Bristol, UK
LEWIS - Cork, Ireland, Bristol, UK
EDWARD MADDEN - Cork, Ireland, Bristol, UK
DANIEL/MARY LOGAN - Glanton, Newcastle, UK and Ireland

Mitchelstown, Cork/Kilbehenny, Limerick
to Bristol, UK

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Mahoney
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 17 March 15 23:30 GMT (UK) »
If I have the correct couple Michael Mahoney and Ellen Lewis were not from Bristol - they married there and lived there and their children were born there -but Michael and Ellen were b Ireland??

Anchor lane Bristol
Michael Mahoney Head M 28 born Ireland
Ellen wife 25 Ireland
Bridget daughter 2 Bristol
Mary daughter 1mth Bristol
RG9 1723 68 11

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Di-Lo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 18 March 15 13:58 GMT (UK) »
You are quite correct, Suzard. I should have been more concise in my post.

My Great-great grandparents Michael Mahony and Ellen Lewis both have stated Cork, Ireland as 'where born/from' on the various UK census' following their marriage in 1857 Bristol. One UK census stated 'Mitchelstown, Cork, Ireland' for Michael, but with research, we know that Mitchelstown, Co. Cork was a market town and they may have lived within a distance of the town. There are many Mahony and Lewis families that lived around Kilbehenny, Limerick - a short hop away from Mitchelstown in a different county. Michael's father Philip Mahony - (a Carpenter by trade) was deceased at the time of the 1857 UK marriage of Michael and Ellen, and I do find 'Philip' on Griffith's Valuation in the Kilbehenny area.

:)

I would be thrilled to make contact with anyone studying the name.
MAHONY/MAHONEY - Mitchelstown, Cork area/ Kilbehenny, Limerick, Bristol, UK
LEWIS - Cork, Ireland, Bristol, UK
EDWARD MADDEN - Cork, Ireland, Bristol, UK
DANIEL/MARY LOGAN - Glanton, Newcastle, UK and Ireland

Mitchelstown, Cork/Kilbehenny, Limerick
to Bristol, UK

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 18 March 15 14:22 GMT (UK) »
I think there are still Mahoney's in Bristol?

Tom Mahoney was a player, Team Manager, Committee Man, and club Secretary of Bristol Football Club (aka Bristol Rugby Club).

In my younger days, I worked with his son!
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)