Author Topic: WILLIAM JACKSON of Harrogate (1839-1894) - wine & spirits merchant  (Read 4801 times)

Offline rkive82

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: WILLIAM JACKSON of Harrogate (1839-1894) - wine & spirits merchant
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 28 March 15 18:39 GMT (UK) »
I purchased a copy of William's will which was written in 1893, the year before he died. The only family members mentioned were his surviving wife, Elizabeth (Lizzie née Hall), his mother Isabella (née Ramage) who died in 1895 and his eldest son Amos Jackson, who died not long after in 1896.
I have a free 14 day trial with FindMyPast and have been searching the newspapers. They don't provide a digitized version of the text to copy and paste. I wonder Middlesborough, did you transcribe i.e. type all that info from records you found? Thanks very much if you did.
I believe we've found the death record for William's daughter May Kitchin, so ...
I've accomplished all I asked in my initial post. Thank you everybody for your contributions. I shall note this as completed in a couple of days just in case somebody wants to add anything.
Richard (great grandson of William Jackson)
RPJ
Jones Thomas Dickinson Paulsen Olsen Jackson Laidler Ramage Brown

Offline smithiwho

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: WILLIAM JACKSON of Harrogate (1839-1894) - wine & spirits merchant
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 13 June 23 16:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Richard -
I recently discovered this string about William Jackson. You may be interested to know that we have large portrait of his wife Elizabeth in our house (it's a long story!). I'd be happy to send you a photo.
Ian