Author Topic: Death of Mary Lawson Robinson, nee Beggs  (Read 5718 times)

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Death of Mary Lawson Robinson, nee Beggs
« on: Friday 20 March 15 19:04 GMT (UK) »
My Mary Lawson Beggs married James Robinson in 1872. James died in 1896 and Mary was still alive in 1911. This morning, I paid to view a few Mary Robinson deaths and the most likely one died in 1926 with her age being out by 4 years. In order to verify that this is my Mary, her daughter Jane Robinson would have had to marry a Burns between 1913 when she administered her father's will and 1926 when her possible mother Mary Robinson died.
Can anyone find a marriage for Jane Robinson and Mr.Burns between 1913 and 1926 in Co. Antrim, probably Cogry, Kilbride?
Thank you
Peggy
Meggison-Durham, Northumberland and Canada
Johnston - Co. Derry, Ireland
Groves - Co. Derry, Ireland

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Death of Mary Lawson Robinson, nee Beggs
« Reply #1 on: Friday 20 March 15 19:43 GMT (UK) »
I think you really do need to learn to use the Northern Ireland resources available online as you will then be able to check so many details yourself and either eliminate false leads or confirm possible connections.

You can use the online (free) Irish civil registration index on Family Search (or the Ancestry version which does list other names that appear on the same page in the register) to find possible marriages for Jane Robinson. Keep the search broad then sift through the results. If using Family Search then you can also check results with free search on Emerald Ancestors.

You can also use GRONI's database to search to look for the mariage with matches for groom's surname- it only costs 40 pence for 1 credit which will allow you to do searches needed to know if you are ordering the correct certificate.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline kingskerswell

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 20 March 15 20:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
   29 Aug 1913 Robert Burns married Jane Robinson in Kilbride Presbyterian Church. Fathers' names were William Burns and James Robinson.am

Regards
Stewart, Irwin, Morrison, Haslett, Murrell - Dungiven area Co. Londonderry
Browne, Barrett -Co.Armagh
Neil, Smyth _Co. Antrim

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 20 March 15 20:41 GMT (UK) »
thank you Kingskerswell. That would be the correct marriage which also means that Mary who died in 1926 is my Mary. You are so very kind.
Aghadowey, I always use familysearch before I post an enquiry. I cannot afford ancestry so do not use Ancestry. I do use other sites as well and I do pay for certificates as I did in this case before I post an enquiry. I also use family information to ballpark some events. I do make efforts to find information myself.  In this case, I did search Groni as well and did not find the marriage although I did find a few possible deaths for  Mary and I  did  pay to view more than one certificate. I do appreciate your help and your suggestions but get tired of your suggestions that I do nothing myself.
thanks again
Peggy

Offline helenar

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 27 June 15 02:14 BST (UK) »
Peggy

There is a birth for Mary Lawson Beggs b. 1848 on the following site also other Beggs children with middle name Lawson

http://www.doaghancestry.co.uk/search-family-names/

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 30 June 15 09:01 BST (UK) »
Thank you, Helenar. I am checking this out.
Peggy

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 05 July 15 21:04 BST (UK) »
This posting started out looking for the Mary Lawson Robinson, nee Beggs, who was born in 1848. I now have her date of death as Apr 23,1926.
However, I do not have the dod for the Mary Lawson Beggs, who was born in 1865. I have narrowed it down to between 1907 and 1911. She was the daughter of John Lawson Beggs, was born in Burnside, Co. Antrim, and was still single in 1907. I have looked many places but did not find her death.  It is not on GRONI.
If there is anyone who can help with this, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Peggy

Offline glensman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 05 July 15 21:46 BST (UK) »
Not what you are looking for but familysearch has the death of Mary Lawson Beggs in Antrim in 1880 aged 15 and therefore born in 1865. I assume that you have ruled her out:

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FT9C-425

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 28 July 15 21:11 BST (UK) »
Thank you Glensman for this lead. Not my Mary Lawson Beggs but there is probably a connection.
Peggy