Author Topic: Dutch in Nottingham?  (Read 2466 times)

Offline Burto

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Loving the new flag!
    • View Profile
Dutch in Nottingham?
« on: Saturday 21 March 15 09:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I found out yesterday that one of my relatives, Kathleen Cross, married an Adrianus J Van Stapele in Nottingham. I don't know much about her because she died during the war but looking on Ancestry I found a record of her traveling back to Nottingham from Jakarta and that she had Dutch Empire Nationality.
Adrianus must have died between 1938 and 1940 as she remarried in 1940. Does anyone know if there were Dutch immigrants living in Nottingham in the 1930's? Also I'm struggling to find anything about Adrianus eg death, burial, could anyone else do a look up please?
Swift , Matthews, Price , Clarke , Rockley, Dewey, Turton, Wild, Nottingham
Aldread, Brentnall, Cowlishaw Derbyshire
Elliot, The Borders/Nottingham FWK industry
Hartopp, NW Leicester (Barkby and surrounds).
Smith Bilston Staffordshire
Bennett, Calary? Ireland
Johnson, Staffordshire/Warwickshire
Latham, Lewis, Trevor, Vero, Armstrong, Barnett

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Dutch in Nottingham?
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 21 March 15 10:09 GMT (UK) »
Maybe a relative of Adrianus?

Marriage, June qtr 1939
Holborn district     vol 1b, page 1170

Van Stapele, Helena A J
Hartog, Cornelis A
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline FamTree4

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 24 September 17 18:25 BST (UK) »
Hi, I know that you posted this some time ago, but Kathleen is my great aunt and I wondered if you had found any further info on her.  We have her passport which gives additional information.  I am new to this Roots site and it has taken me forever to access your message.  If you are able to come back to me, that would be great.  Thanks, Helen

Hi,
I found out yesterday that one of my relatives, Kathleen Cross, married an Adrianus J Van Stapele in Nottingham. I don't know much about her because she died during the war but looking on Ancestry I found a record of her traveling back to Nottingham from Jakarta and that she had Dutch Empire Nationality.
Adrianus must have died between 1938 and 1940 as she remarried in 1940. Does anyone know if there were Dutch immigrants living in Nottingham in the 1930's? Also I'm struggling to find anything about Adrianus eg death, burial, could anyone else do a look up please?

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Zeya who has a plastic bag fetish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 24 September 17 18:35 BST (UK) »
Hi FamTree4 welcome to rootchat ;D ;D

"Burto" was last on rootschat January 2017 so maybe the best thing to do is answer a couple more times just so you have 3 posts, then that enables your PM ( private messaging) and you can click on their name and send them a PM directly and as long as they have attached it to their email they will receive a message someone has sent them a PM
Leicestershire:Chamberlain, Dakin, Wilkinson, Moss, Cook, Welland, Dobson, Roper,Palfreman, Squires, Hames, Goddard, Topliss, Twells,Bacon.
Northamps:Sykes, Harris, Rice,Knowles.
Rutland:Clements, Dalby, Osbourne, Durance, Smith,Christian, Royce, Richardson,Oakham, Dewey,Newbold,Cox,Chamberlaine,Brow, Cooper, Bloodworth,Clarke
Durham/Yorks:Woodend, Watson,Parker, Dowser
Suffolk/Norfolk:Groom, Coleman, Kemp, Barnard, Alden,Blomfield,Smith,Howes,Knight,Kett,Fryston
Lincolnshire:Clements, Woodend

Offline Burto

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Loving the new flag!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 23 February 18 12:13 GMT (UK) »
Helen I've PM'd you!
Swift , Matthews, Price , Clarke , Rockley, Dewey, Turton, Wild, Nottingham
Aldread, Brentnall, Cowlishaw Derbyshire
Elliot, The Borders/Nottingham FWK industry
Hartopp, NW Leicester (Barkby and surrounds).
Smith Bilston Staffordshire
Bennett, Calary? Ireland
Johnson, Staffordshire/Warwickshire
Latham, Lewis, Trevor, Vero, Armstrong, Barnett