Author Topic: Where to post details of a death abroad Marie Ann Job of Hull in Amsterdam 1868  (Read 6046 times)

Offline karenmurphy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hi all
I have a friend in Amsterdam who is currently doing a transcription project for her local archives. She came across a death in Amsterdam of a woman from Hull in England. Obviously if anyone in the UK is researching this person, the chances of them ever looking for her death in Netherlands is slim to impossible I would say!So she sent me all the info over on the chance it might make a family tree enthusiast very happy one day if they come across it.
And here's where I need some help! Any ideas where best I could post the information/death cert? I thought this site might be the best but don't know what category would be most suitable??
Thanks in advance, Karen

Translation:
Today March 6th 1868 appeared for us Civil Servant of the Burgerlijke Stand (Civil Registration): Willem Honstede, messenger by profession, old 53 years, living in the Binnengasthuis, acquiantance of the deceased, and Willem Ronneman, messenger by profession, 38 years old, living as mentioned above, acquiantance of the deceased, who declared that on 5th of this month at 05h00 in the house standing Achterburgwal Kanton 1, Area B number 34 (is Binnengasthuis = hospital), has passed away Marie Ann Job without profession, living in Utrechtsedwarstraat Z320 , 38 years of age, born in Hull, unmarried daughter of William Job and Elisabeth Kerkus. We made this record, which was, after being read out loud, signed by the informants and us.

Here is the link to the original:
"Netherlands, Noord-Holland, Civil Registration, 1811-1950," index and images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1-10842-5249-27?cc=2020117&wc=MCLH-CZ9:341651501,342664101 : accessed 28 January 2015), Amsterdam (overlijden) > Overlijden 1868 1 jan-23 apr; Eenjarige tafel 1868 ovl > image 374 of 549; Noord-Hollands Archief, Haarlem [Noord-Hollands Archives, Haarlem].

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Hi Karen

Welcome to Rootschat  ;D

I have moved your post to our Yorkshire - East Riding Resources board.

It will be found very quickly by internet search engines so anyone looking for her will be directed here.

Also, anyone using the Rootschat search engine will also find her.

Thanks for posting.

Dawn
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline lydiaann

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Any ideas where best to post details of a death abroad???
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 22 March 15 10:05 GMT (UK) »
I've had a quick look on Ancestry and can find many William Jobs in Hull (Kingston upon Hull) around 1850-60 but not this one.  Could be offshoots of the same family.  Have tried looking for Marie's birth in Hull around 1830, but no joy.  Neither can I find the marriage of William and Elisabeth.  I've also tried familysearch.org but drawn a blank there too.  Sorry!  Someone, somewhere may have a better idea than I...happy hunting!
Cravens of Wakefield, Alnwick, Banchory-Ternan
Houghtons and Harrises of Melbourne, Derbyshire
Taylors of Chadderton/Oldham, Lancashire
MacGillivrays of Mull
Macdonalds of Dundee