Author Topic: margaret graham,s dad ?  (Read 10429 times)

Offline oldhippyone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: margaret graham,s dad ?
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 25 March 15 11:49 GMT (UK) »
hear are the baptisim,s i have
birth 2 dec 1805 william graham baptisim 11 may 1806 parents william graham and isabella norton maternal grandfather thomas norton
william graham 15 march 1805 baptisim 2 march 1806 parents edward graham and isabella stephenson
william graham birth 2 march 1805 baptisim 14 april 1805 father william graham
all newcastle upon tyne
then i have a DEATH
wm graham age 18 yr birth 1806 burial 13 april 1824 st john newcastle upon tyne
fh film 847921 p 214 this age of birth fits with both williams how do i get to find his parents as familysearch dont have it neither does ancestry

Online arthurk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 25 March 15 19:42 GMT (UK) »
I would expect the parish registers to be at Tyne & Wear Archives, and they will probably be able to supply paper copies for a small fee. Alternatively, there are transcriptions of a lot of Northumberland registers at FindMyPast.

Meanwhile, I've had a look at the National Burial Index, and there's a William Graham aged less than 1 buried 12 Nov 1805 at St Andrew, Newcastle. I don't know if this is the right church/area, but could this be the one born 2 Mar 1805? If so, then it might be worth investigating whether the ones born 2 Mar 1805 and 2 Dec 1805 are brothers.

Added:
A different database gives the 12 Nov 1805 burial as aged 8 years, but I think this may be a mistake. It also gives the parents as William, a watch glass maker, and Anne.

Arthur
Researching among others:
Bartle, Bilton, Bingley, Campbell, Craven, Emmott, Harcourt, Hirst, Kellet(t), Kennedy,
Meaburn, Mennile/Meynell, Metcalf(e), Palliser, Robinson, Rutter, Shipley, Stow, Wilkinson

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline oldhippyone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 25 March 15 21:06 GMT (UK) »
I will have to use library find my past on sat as im not a paying member of that .. can i ask whi h other ite you found the 8yr old death with parent occupation .. i will contact tyne and wear tomorrow as for finding out if the 2 williams were brothers .. all it said was burial date no father also same as 18yr old .. i would love to find out who the fathers were as i could have my william with wrong parents .. if you have any more advice on how to find out please let me kno and if i have any more updates i will post them but i think this is all i will find

Offline oldhippyone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 26 March 15 08:36 GMT (UK) »
i have looked on find my past without paying to see document and there is not a william graham born 1805 died 1824 ,

Offline oldhippyone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 26 March 15 10:40 GMT (UK) »
i have spoken to tyne and wear archive on the phone and unfortunately they will hold no more information then whats on the familysearch site so no further forward , so case CLOSED  :'(

Online arthurk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Thursday 26 March 15 16:06 GMT (UK) »
i have looked on find my past without paying to see document and there is not a william graham born 1805 died 1824 ,

FindMy Past don't have an image of the original document, but they do have the transcription, sourced from FamilySearch: William Graham aged 18 buried 13 April 1824 at St John's Newcastle - no parents mentioned in transcription.

You say case closed for now, and sometimes sanity requires us to put things on one side for a while. However, it might be worth looking at this again some time. Perhaps try following back through one of the brothers or sisters - that can often reveal important clues. Also remember that the parish registers for that area were "Barrington Registers" between 1798 and 1812, and contain a lot of useful information on relationships, occupations etc. Finding someone in one of those can be like gold dust.

Arthur
Bartle, Bilton, Bingley, Campbell, Craven, Emmott, Harcourt, Hirst, Kellet(t), Kennedy,
Meaburn, Mennile/Meynell, Metcalf(e), Palliser, Robinson, Rutter, Shipley, Stow, Wilkinson

Offline oldhippyone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 26 March 15 16:31 GMT (UK) »
Barrington registers ?   ... i made a trip to library and searched  find my past and no more info i even phone tyne snd wear on both the death of william  and elizabeth graham his mother if william was mine they said cost of £30 hour todo search for elizabeth  and could take 2hr as  i said there were 7 deaths for her and i wouldnt get no more info on william only place of death no parents names  , i even searched mormon site for burrial for elizabeth as tyne and wear said westgate where elizabeth was last alive was in st johns but again no burrial listed  for her and as for children i have no more leeds even though i have some of them in 1861 census and margret with brother in 1871 then she married becoming my gr gran after that no more leads on graham family

Online arthurk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Thursday 26 March 15 17:09 GMT (UK) »
Barrington Registers - more info at:
http://www.durhamrecordoffice.org.uk/Pages/Baptismandburialregisters17981812.aspx
and about halfway down this page:
http://www.sog.org.uk/learn/help-getting-started-with-genealogy/guide-six

As well as a research service, T&W Archives can provide photocopies of entries for which you already have exact dates and places. Ordering a number of those might work out cheaper than an hour's research, but I don't know the figures and you'd need to check this out. Some of the entries may prove not to be your family, but often you need to look at all the possibilities before you can decide which ones are likely or definite.

Arthur

Offline oldhippyone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Thursday 26 March 15 17:18 GMT (UK) »
It costs £ 7 for her to send me a coppy from her death register which i dont mind paying but also said it would only give place of death ... no more info than whats on the net .. only other way is to get death certificate and regarding william it wont name parents and regarding elizabeth there are 7 approx deaths and i either buy all 7 or get them to search for correct one at £30 hr and she said could take 2hr to search