Author Topic: Mary Charpiot of Boston, Massachusetts; 18301908. Nee Lunney, "north of Ireland"  (Read 2764 times)

Offline LindeL

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Does anyone know anything about this woman? I'm intrigued by her interesting career; she established charities in Boston, homes for women; and also interested in knowing more about her descendant Letty Mandeville Russell, a feminist theologian. Mary Lunney was born 1830 in "north of Ireland" 15 Aug 1830. I would imagine she was Catholic but seems to have become a Congregationalist in America. Daughter of Patrick Lunney and Catherine Logan, and grew up near "a large hospital". Possibly in the Irish context this could have been a workhouse or dispensary. So possibly, given the Lunneys' association with Fermanagh and Cavan; Bawnboy? Swanlinbar? Enniskillen? Married twice to Captain Benjamin Russell and to Rev. Louis Charpiot. If I can find out more about her, I will campaign for her to get an entry in the Dictionary of Irish Biography

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Letty Manderville RUSSELL's sister was still alive in 2007 when Letty died and may have more information of use to you - as she may be still living I will PM you
Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder

Offline rathmore

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Charpiot of Boston, Massachusetts; 18301908. Nee Lunney, "north of Ireland"
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 24 March 15 11:45 GMT (UK) »
Letty Mandeville russell

http://judyredman.wordpress.com/2007/7/17/farewell-letty-russell

if you go through google or one of the search enginess and type in the box: Letty Mandeville Russell - lots of information and photos.

Mary Charpiot
http://us-census.mooseroots.com/d/b/mary-charpiot