Author Topic: STEWART SIBLINGS, Kingussie & Insh, Inverness-shire  (Read 6975 times)

Offline Misha77

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: STEWART SIBLINGS, Kingussie & Insh, Inverness-shire
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 26 May 15 18:07 BST (UK) »
Thank you - that is most helpful.  It is good to have another mind on it.  Isabella Eason's marriage lines to GGF Robert Stewart state her father, John Eason, as Master Mason and deceased.  I did wonder if it could be he.  He lived on the Main Street of Kingussie and was already married.  He and his wife had no children whatsoever that I can find. There is only Isabella but I could never find any birth records for her.   I have managed to find Margaret Gordon's death certificate - once I realised her mother was a MacIntosh, it helped me narrow down the possibilities.  I do not know if this will be of interest to you but my family always had a piece of oral tradition: that Great grandma Jane Stewart's brother, Ewen, was a Minister.  Ewen Stewart became a journeyman carpenter and emigrated to Australia and never entered the ministry.   This oral nugget has proven to be true in a manner of speaking.  Margaret and Janet's youngest brother, Evan Gordon, became a Free Church Minister and ran the Gaelic church initially near Inverness and then in Glasgow.  He married three times and his grandchildren were tea planters in Ceylon.  Excuse me if you already know this but it is good to talk to someone with similar connections.  Thank you for the information.  I will follow it up.  All the very best.

Offline allan55

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 17 October 16 02:06 BST (UK) »
Really pleased to have found these posts. Jane Stewart 1864-1912 was my great-grandmother. Her son George Simpson was my Grandfather.
I have been trying, without success, to find out what happened to her. I figured out that she died around 1912 through looking at my Grandfather and his siblings marriage certificates but I have been unable to find her death certificate.

Offline Misha77

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 17 October 16 12:36 BST (UK) »
Hello Allan55,
I am Michelle Rhodes.  Jane Stewart is my great-grandmother.  I think I know what happened to her.  I am in touch with some of George Simpson's family.  My mother is still alive and remembers her Uncle George;  I am Jane's descendant from Leah Simpson.  I received a lot of info from William Simpson's Northern Irish connections [Jane's husband].  It is quite a tale and I will give you what I know.  Some of it is oral history and some documentation.  My e-mail misharhodes@tiscali.co.uk 
Best respects,
Michelle

Offline Misha77

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 17 October 16 12:37 BST (UK) »
I also have the family lair details with Jane's burial date.

Offline Mandarina65

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 16 April 19 15:53 BST (UK) »
Very excited to find this thread, not sure why I had not come across it before.

Robert is my gg grandfather, his daughter Jane (my middle name) Stewart is my g grandmother, her son John was my Pop, and his son George was my dad.

(Hi Misha!)

Allan55, I know this thread is old, did you find Jane's death record? It's VERY odd! Misha has it and I'm sure she's passed it on to you by now.

Offline Misha77

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 28 May 19 15:01 BST (UK) »
Hi guys  :)