Author Topic: Thomas Waghorn  (Read 2647 times)

Offline Historycat

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Waghorn
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 25 March 15 20:33 GMT (UK) »
Wow, thanks for all this I will pass it all on!
Malim (any) Wilde, Mase/Mace Bagshaw (Norwich/Norfolk), Almond (London, Staffs, S America, Thanet) Hart, Sharp/e Lincs, Smith (London) Ware (London) Blower (Hants Essex) Webb, Holmes (Suffolk Essex) Warcup (London, W Indies) Hallam (Leics) Johnson and Noon Derbyshire

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 25 March 15 21:06 GMT (UK) »
From a New York Times obituary/notice of thanks, it looks like Thomas (referred to as Fred or Fred T. Waghorn) was survived by a wife named Elizabeth.  I think this may be her - https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:VSXP-14C 

The obituary said he was the brother of Mrs. F. Harris, Mrs. R. Brooks, and Eric Waghorn. 

Offline Jgoodwinhart

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 29 March 17 02:09 BST (UK) »
Hello, I could not contain myself when I saw this notice. I am the great niece of Thomas Frederick Waghorn. He sister Gertrude Waghorn Simm Harris was my grandmother.  Uncle "Fred's" second wife was Elizabeth "Kay" Waghorn an Austrian/Jewish immigrant who escaped the Nazi's and fled to America - met my uncle and was married to him until her death.  I am curious as to who is looking for information on Fred, as he had no children.  Please contact me, I would love to talk - I could probably answer some questions for you.  All the best, Jess