Author Topic: Emanuel Hall  (Read 7033 times)

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Emanuel Hall
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 28 March 15 02:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi Trisholdham
On the subject of the IZARD marriage.

Using the spelling IZZARD in the search boxes of Trove and NSW BMD indexes, more information comes to light, but nothing that can confirm or otherwise that the two Sarah CRUMPTON's were one in the same woman.

Here is the birth of the only Sarah CRUMPTON I can see on the NSW index

2097/1846 V18462097 32A   CRUMPTON Sarah
Parents Thomas & Ellen

The marriage of this woman to Joseph I(Z)ZARD is already listed.

Her death

4257/1923 IZZARD Sarah
Parents Thomas &  Ellen
At HORNSBY

Funeral Notice

http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/16064178

Death of her husband Joseph

12554/1924 IZZARD   Joseph
Parents William & Jane
At HORNSBY

Headstone photo for the couple
http://austcemindex.com/inscription.php?id=8073952

There were children.

Need to bear in mind the sightings Majm has of   Sarah HALL around the Rocks area after the 1869 marriage.

Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 28 March 15 03:00 GMT (UK) »

Mrs Sarah HALL, 199 Sussex St

Cheers,  JM

I thought I would post this little news snip.  It is probably not relevant, but nonetheless ::)
It is really a little shocking as we read it in this day and age.  Seems to confuse the value of a child with that of a lost pet.

November 1874
STRAYED, from 199, Sussex-street, last night, about half-past, a little BOY, aged 2 (?)  years ; dark curly hair, bare-headed white pinafore with bind; answers  to the name of " Harry." Anyone returning him to the above will be rewarded. '

Sue

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline trisholdham

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 28 March 15 08:17 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the information on Joseph Izard, I realized today when I went into our genealogy rooms in Tweed heads that Sarah Crumpton was not the same one as the marriage I have as I went through every micro fiche in all states and no Sarah Ann Crumpton was born in Australia, there was Sarah Crumpton with father Thomas, mother Ellen, which we know married Joseph, so I am going to look for her immigrating before 1869, she never came into Sth Australia, I have checked that, but what you have done for me is to look further afield, which I have not been doing, thank you very much all of you for that, it is good to have some one else looking for you it wakes you up to things. Only wish I could have found something else on the marriage of Emanuel, never mind!!!!!! may be one day it will happen.
That notice about the little boy was interesting, is Sussex st far from Globe st?
as I use to live in Melbourne I know nothing of Sydney.

Regards
Trish

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 28 March 15 09:41 GMT (UK) »
Globe Street is in The Rocks, (so almost under the Harbour Bridge).  NSW State Records, until very recently, had reading rooms there. 

Sussex Street runs the length of the eastern side of Darling Harbour and although changes its name,  to Hickson Rd, it continues into The Rocks and so runs under the Harbour Bridge.

There was a re-numbering of the homes/buildings on many of the CBD streets in the 1870s.   

Globe St in 1865 in http://www.photosau.com.au/cosmaps/scripts/display.asp?Term=TS/BlockB2

Sussex St in 1865 in http://www.photosau.com.au/cosmaps/maps/pdf/TS/BlockC2.pdf

It would not be 'too far' between those two addresses.   In the 1870s, people either walked, rode a horse, caught a bus (horse driven) or hired a cab (horse driven). 

Cheers,  JM

The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline trisholdham

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 28 March 15 09:59 GMT (UK) »
Great maps, thanks again for looking for them, they are not far apart the roads.

Trish