Author Topic: HOWELL - Glamorganshire / Carmarthenshire 1700  (Read 1936 times)

Offline peachfiz

• RootsChat Extra
  • Llewellyn J Howell
    • View Profile
HOWELL - Glamorganshire / Carmarthenshire 1700
« on: Friday 27 March 15 09:13 GMT (UK) »
Hello!
Searching for traces of grandfather Llewellyn J Howell and Grandmother Esther M, born about 1725 and "flew" from Swansea around 1755 and landed in the American colonies (Pennsylvania).

Looking for fellow Howell seekers, as well. I recently moved to Wales from the "States", here to stay.  :D
HOWELL

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline IoanGwyn

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: HOWELL - Glamorganshire / Carmarthenshire 1700
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 01 October 15 21:38 BST (UK) »
Hi.

I'm jealous. Not sure how you managed the move but more power to your wheel.

I spent a week riding a Triumph Bonneville 'round south Wales based out of Crickhowell (of course!) May of '14, it was grand. Very damp but grand. Prior to that I spent a week in Caernarfon in March of '11, oddly sunny that trip. Nice town, brilliant castell.

I was adopted and found my Howell bio-roots a few years ago via DNA testing.

I'm of the Ethelred Edward Howell (b. UK 1635, d. VA 1685) Hit a bit of a brick wall with him. There's some potential connections near Gloucester and persistent references to Ayrshire in both Scotland and Wales (no such place in the latter case).

I'm interested in anything I can find on him and any connection to Scots Clans. The tinplate sites connect all Howells to first the MacDougalls, then the MacDowells. In my case given the Ayrshire references if there's a connections it's likely MacDowells. The Clan MacDougall Society of NA represents both.

What have you found? 

Cheers,
John

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.