Author Topic: Hunter BENNETT Saskatchewan  (Read 5637 times)

Offline Jacquie in Canada

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
Re: Hunter BENNETT Saskatchewan
« Reply #9 on: Monday 30 March 15 06:22 BST (UK) »
I've found two census entries on the 1911 census Nellie. One has her with sons Wilfred, Walter and Hunter at the residence of Elizabeth Harris in Humboldt District, Saskatchewan. The other has William and Nellie Bennett with sons Wilfred and Walter in Saskatoon. No Hunter with the family.

Sorry I realized I made a mistake in this paragraph. William, Nellie and sons were in Humboldt, not Saskatoon on the 1911 census. Also, Nellie's name was mistranscribed as Millie but I have entered a correction. They were in Saskatoon in 1921.

Jacquie
Canada: Patterson, Brown, Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Johnston(e), Gorsuch, Kitchin/Kitchen
United States: Patterson, Smith, Brown, Vance, Bower(s), Newberry, Best, Love, Gorsuch
England (Northumberland): Brown, Whitfield, Henderson
Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Fife, East Lothian): Johnston(e), Bell, Galloway, Campbell, Robertson, Williamson, Thomson, Crawford
Germans from Russia: Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Meach, Lorenz

Offline jorose

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 30 March 15 13:24 BST (UK) »
Has anyone been able to find them in the 1916 census?

I wonder whether young Hunter was a victim of the flu epidemic.  That would put him after the end of death registrations on the Sask. website (which not only is never updated, but they ignore emails asking them if it will ever be updated), but before the 1921 census.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline castelrosa

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 22 August 15 06:33 BST (UK) »
Hi Jacquie,

I believe we may be related. I am descended from Nellie's maternal grandparents, Joseph SMITH and Ann HOLFORD/HALFORD, through daughter Caroline Matilda. How are you related? Happy to share what I can though, can't assist further at the moment in regards to Hunter, or the 1916 Census.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Sarah

from Australia

Offline tigger88

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 22 August 15 12:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Sarah
I too am in Australia which is why I'm having so much trouble tracing the family in Canada.
It is Jacquie who has found a lot of information for me, for which I sincerely thank her.
Elizabeth Amelia Smith is the sister of your Joseph Smith, she married William Harris who supposedly drowned at sea but I haven't been able to prove that yet.
Nellie is the daughter of Elizabeth and William and went to Canada in 1910 (I think, I'm not at home at present so cannot check).  Elizabeth and William are my 2 x great uncle and aunty.
William's sister Emma is my great grandmother.  I also can give you more information on Emma's family if you would like it.  Hunter I cannot find anywhere so must assume he died as a toddler.
Therefore I think that your Joseph Smith is also some relation to me but distant!  How great that you have found the connection.
Let me know if you would like to establish contact by email.
Cheers
Lesley
CHS -Pennell
AYR  -Haldane
NTH/WAR -Gurney/Davis
CUM -Wright/Varty/Grierson
NI -Roy/Boal
AUS/NZ - Robinson/Shelford/Gurney/Pennell/Hisshion
WOR - Harris/Hyde/
SAL - Cheadle/Hyde
SCO - Ross

Offline castelrosa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 26 September 15 14:24 BST (UK) »
Hi Lesley,

Glad to hear from you and that we are related (albeit a bit distant)! Sorry for delay been very hectic on my end!

Again my apologies, I meant Aaron SMITH and Ann HOLFORD....don't know why I typed Joseph ::)

I am a 2x Gt Grand-daughter of Caroline Matilda's, who married James GUY (definitely GUY not GREY), and had 3 boys.

Not sure how to reply to direct messages on here yet - am still getting the hang of this website - but would like to establish contact by email.

Happy to share what I have on the SMITH (and their descendants) lines, and grateful to receive any information you would like to share on your Great Grandmother Emma's family.

You can reach me at sarah@trichroma.com.au

Cheers, Sarah