Author Topic: 1911 check please  (Read 2105 times)

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
Re: 1911 check please
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 28 March 15 22:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi Elizabeth - it sounds though as if they were actually buried.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 28 March 15 23:01 GMT (UK) »
Yes confusing isn't it

Elizabeth
McKenzie,Helmsdale.,Mackay's,Gordon's,Polsons,Sutherland's,Loth & N/Z .Watson ,Munro,Pitsligo.Black. Harle ,East Hollywell.Black,and Short East Hollywell.Northumberland Gair, Amble,Douglas,Amble,Mitchell ,Fettercairns,Lyall, Brechin .Mearns Brechin.Thompson's ,Spittal. Maghie,Young .Raey Cumberland & Newcastle & Glasgow .Gilroy, Northumberland. Stark's Kyloe & Tweedmouth .Skeen's Tweedmouth.Gregsons Northumberland & America. Andrew Farmer Turnbull Berwick , Pool and Black Hull.Lounton Tweedmouth

Offline collin

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 29 March 15 11:49 BST (UK) »
Hi
    Thank you for the replies. Fanny was only 17 when married on Christmas Eve 1903 so was most likely pregnant so I figure she lost a boy in 1904 then had 6 girls followed by 3 boys so 2 boys are unaccounted for. I believe that stillbirths were taken to the vicarage and the churchmade arrangements for them. The only son George was killed in 1940 in a motor bike accident and daughter Fanny died of cancer at 43, she was the mother in law of the black comedian Charlie Williams, so when Aunt Fanny died in 1967 aged 80 only 3 of her 12 children were alive.
Collin Oldham Lancs   Rogers Dudley  Abbott  Ripley Derbys    Hartley Outwood Yorks

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 29 March 15 12:00 BST (UK) »
So a boy born and died just after they married about 1904, then Annie in 1906, I reckon there was at least one child between Elsie (1912) and Fanny (1915) - that leaves just one to account for? Of course it is possible that twins were born with either one or both being a still birth.

How are the deaths recorded in the local cemetery records - are names and dates given?
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline collin

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 29 March 15 21:09 BST (UK) »
I guess we will never know for sure, Fanny was born December 1914 and George Xmas Eve 1915 but both births show in the following year. The cemetery records show a grave number for each and underneath a list of names and date of burial, each grave filled within a few weeks.
They bought a grave for George and were later buried with him.
Collin Oldham Lancs   Rogers Dudley  Abbott  Ripley Derbys    Hartley Outwood Yorks