Author Topic: Pyne Trees  (Read 2165 times)

Offline Jeremy Pyne

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Pyne Trees
« on: Sunday 29 March 15 17:34 BST (UK) »
Dear all
Have just written up an index to the Pyne family trees I have collected over the years. Not the most organised piece of work but includes several hooks of locations, dates and key individuals. PDF version should be attached.
Focus is on England and some Ireland rather than the colonies.
Interested in any comments or queries arising.
Cheers
Jeremy

Offline Chris Pyne

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Pyne Trees
« Reply #1 on: Monday 07 September 15 10:24 BST (UK) »
Hi again Jeremy,
That is an impressive piece of work.  I am sure it will be of benefit to many researchers.  This prompted me to have another try to breakdown my wall of Mary Pine (Devon Pines from Willand) and her baseborn son William Pine of 1777.  I am now linking Mary to Stephen Payne and an Elizabeth Payne originally from Stokeinteignhead but with events in Willand.  I think Elizabeth was sent to her elder brother in Willand to have an baseborn child, Elizabeth, and family history repeated itself with Mary. She too was banished to Willand to her elder brother and sister but changed her surname spelling to Pine. Interestingly Elizabeth's  daughter also changed to Pine as her maiden name.  So I have gone from Pyne to Pine and now its Payne! I now doubt that James Pine of 1720 Willand had any children but there are definitely other Pine/Pynes family lines in that Willand/Cullompton/Kentisbeare area.

Chris Pyne
Pre-1855 ; Devon ; Pine, Pyne, Payne, Paine
Post 1855 ; Yorkshire ; Pine, Pyne
Post 1841: Halsall, Lancashire. One Place Study