Author Topic: children of rebecca samuel and david/dafydd lloyd/llwyd  (Read 3924 times)

Offline ivorglyn

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
children of rebecca samuel and david/dafydd lloyd/llwyd
« on: Sunday 29 March 15 17:47 BST (UK) »
Dear all,I am researching the lloyd family of Llanbedr Merionethshire to see if there is a link to the Lloyd family of Criccieth/Llanystumdwy.On the 1851W census there is a David Lloyd aged 4 b.Llanystumdwy grandson of Rebecca.Richard Lloyd can't be the father so Richard must have had a brother who does not appear on any census for Llanystumdwy.Some people think that Richard and Elizabeth had a brother Robert Lloyd b.~1830.Before I go to any more detail does anyone know of any other children of Rebecca Samuel and David Lloyd besides Richard and Elizabeth? regards to all Ivorglyn

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: children of rebecca samuel and david/dafydd lloyd/llwyd
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 29 March 15 18:04 BST (UK) »
Hi in 1861 he looks to be on original David Lloyd Jones aged 14 Grandson b Llanystumdwy
Rebecca is a Widow and Elizabeth has married a William George of Jordanston, Pembrokeshire
Census ref RG09/4328/28/4
Keyboard86

PS Why could not David be the illegitimate child of Elizabeth?
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 29 March 15 18:24 BST (UK) »
The family in 1841 show:-

Rebecca Lloyd 40
Elizabeth 12
Richard 6
Robert Morris 20
Richard Morris 18
Residing at High Gate, Llanystumdwy
Census ref HO107/1391/ 7/17 / 8
Keyboard86

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 29 March 15 18:43 BST (UK) »
Hi again another possible candidate for the mother of David b c 1847 is an Ellen Lloyd baptism 25th September 1825 Llanystumdwy Father David Mother Rebecca

Interesting considering the possible Jones surname of David Lloyd in 1861, is where Ellen appears to be working in 1841 along with 2 other servants?

George Jones 25
Elizabeth 25
John 3
Robert 1
Ellin Lloyd 16
Residing at Aberkin, Llanystumdwy
Census ref HO107/1391/ 7/15 / 5
Keyboard86

Offline Mabel Bagshawe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 29 March 15 19:29 BST (UK) »
If you search around online you'll find quite a bit about this family (not surprising really given the future career of one of  Elizabeth and William George's son)

The daughter is said by some to be also known as Eleanor and married a Mr Jones and died young.

Offline ivorglyn

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 30 March 15 15:04 BST (UK) »
Dear all,I found a marriage in 1846 Pwllheli reg between Ellin Lloyd and William Jones/John Jones.The spouse is probably William as on the 1851W census there is a farmer in Criccieth,John Jones,(b.1778) and living with him is a son(William Jones) and a daughter in law Ellen/Ellin) and they had 2 children,Ellen b.1849 and John b.1850.Others believe that Rebecca Samuel and David Lloyd had 2 other sons:William and Robert.Does anyone have more info on these 2 extra sons or whether they existed or not?As for Dafydd Lloyd who married Rebecca..on some records it states that Dafydd was born(1799/1800) at Highgate or Cae Llwyd which are two dwellings in Llanystumdwy.The parents of Dafydd were Richard Dafydd(aka Davies) b.1777 and Elizabeth Roberts(1774-1852) b.Criccieth.On the 1851W census(Criccieth area) there is a Richard Davies 79 living with an Elizabeth Davies born 1874 Criccieth and they have a son John(25 b.Criccieth).Does anyone know when and where Elizabeth Roberts and Richard Dafydd married?On the 1851W census it says that Richard was born in Ceynog.I wonder whether it should be Clynnog(Vawr) as there was a Robert Lloyd b'1775 in Clynnog with parents David and Ann(e)(Richard Dafydd also had a brother Robert Lloyd b.1775 who is sad to have a son David Roberts.)Also where was Richard Dafydd born?The parents of Richard Dafydd and Robert Lloyd are stated in some records as Dafydd Llwyd(b.1750 Llanllyfni) and Ann(e).Where was Dafydd born?Where,when and who to did Dafydd Marry?I would be grateful if anyone has any info of interest..kind regards Ivorglyn ps thankyou all for the help so far

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 30 March 15 17:21 BST (UK) »
Hi again these "Some other believers" do they give any dates/proof that David/Rebecca also had two sons Robert & William?

Keyboard86

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 30 March 15 17:31 BST (UK) »
Hi was this the marriage of David/Rebecca?

David Lloyd parish Llanystumdwy
Rebeccah Williams parish Denio
8th June 1824 Bangor
Keyboard86

Offline ivorglyn

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 30 March 15 18:25 BST (UK) »
Dear Keyboard,The dates I found for Robert were b.1830 died 1905 and for William b.1840 d.1901.I looked up possible births on findmypast for Llanystumdwy/Pwllheli and found:Robert b.1838 and William b.1839.There was also a death record for a Robert Lloyd born 1837 died 1860. Another interesting point is that in 1841 and 1851 there were Roberts families living in Cae Llwyd.In 1841 David Roberts 35 and Anne 20.In 1851 were John Roberts 40 b.Abererch,Jane 40,Alice 17,John 15 b.Port Madoc,Lowry 12,Elinor 10, and Jane 7.I was wondering about Richard Dafydd marrying Elizabeth Roberts (b.Criccieth 1774) and whether she was related to these families..a long shot I know!!!The marriage you found for Rebecca Williams and David Lloyd in Denio is very interesting as on one of the censuses Rebecca is down as born in Denio.I was unable to find a marriage for a Rebecca Samuel and David Lloyd.Also I can't find a birth record for Rebecca Samuel that makes any sense.Some say that Rebecca also called herself Mary..kind regards Ivorglyn