Author Topic: children of rebecca samuel and david/dafydd lloyd/llwyd  (Read 3929 times)

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: children of rebecca samuel and david/dafydd lloyd/llwyd
« Reply #9 on: Monday 30 March 15 18:35 BST (UK) »
OK the two births you found of a Robert 1838 and William 1839 were the parents David/Rebecca?
What have a Roberts family got to do with this?

Keyboard86

I would ignore those "somesays" and do your own research :)
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ivorglyn

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 30 March 15 19:58 BST (UK) »
Dear Keyboard,The information about Richard Dafydd marrying Elizabeth Roberts iwas obtained from a book about Lloyd George's ancestors(obtained from the DLG museum).Also Dafydd Lloyd b.1750 Llanllyfni.The whole purpose of this is to try to find a link with the Lloyd family of Llanbedr (who are descended from the Lords of Nannau).I do do my own research but you must start somewhere!!! My gggandmother was Margaret Lloyd b.Llanbedr ~1824 with parents John Lloyd b.1780(I sent for the marriage certificate for Margaret Lloyd to a William Rogers in Newport Monmouthshire and her father was down as John(a tailor) and Margaret Davies was the probable mother(found by searching through marriage records for Merionethshire).John Lloyd had a sister Ann(e) who married Erasmus Lloyd in 1808 in Llanfair,Merionethshire regards Ivorglyn

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 30 March 15 20:10 BST (UK) »
 ;D Well at least you can tell the "Somesays " that David Lloyd looks to have married a Rebecca Williams rather than a Samuels?
Cannot locate birth for both David or Rebecca?
Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ivorglyn

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 30 March 15 21:34 BST (UK) »
Dear keyboard,I cannot find the marriage of Rebeccah Williams and David Lloyd in 1824 in Bangor.I have looked at the Findmypast records and the Family Search records.Where did you find the record?..kind regards Iorglyn

Offline ivorglyn

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 30 March 15 21:46 BST (UK) »
Dear Keyboard,I found the record in Denio on 8 june 1824 on family search.Thankyou..Ivorglyn

Offline ivorglyn

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 03 April 15 11:58 BST (UK) »
Dear keyboard,I found a birth record for a Rebecca Williams on 3/jan/1802 in Abererch(2-3 miles from Denio)The parents were Elin and Wm.I have ordered a Welsh book of famous family trees including David Lloyd George's family.There seem to be little or no coverage of births/marriages before 1800 in Caernarvonshire on findmypast although Genuki states that most places in Caerbarvonshire have records  for b/m/d going back before 1700(held at the record office) ...kind regards Ivorglyn