Author Topic: Mary Ann(e) Theobald possibly from Roudham Nr Thetford  (Read 2937 times)

Offline hookleg

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Ann(e) Theobald possibly from Roudham Nr Thetford
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 14 February 16 16:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dulverton, thanks for the enquiry. I am linked to one of the Debenham families, some of whom made their home in St Albans. Not sure if they are the ones who founded the store empire though. It is my belief that those Debenhams originated in Alpheton, Suffolk. My lot originated from Ixworth Thorpe, Sapiston, Botesdale and Redgrave in Suffolk. If you send me a private message with any info I would be pleased to see if we can make any link.
Burt, Cockrill, Craske, Debenham, Double, Grimwade, Grimwood, Hilder, Mayhew, Ray. All from  West Suffolk around the Bury St. Edmunds area.
Simpson, Pittendreigh, Arthur.   Aberdeenshire

Offline Dulverton

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Ann(e) Theobald possibly from Roudham Nr Thetford
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 18 February 16 20:17 GMT (UK) »
P C (sic Pelham Corbould) Theobald married Anne Hambling - 1820 Thetford.
I suggest that you now refer to the 1841 census and look for Anne Theobald, George Theobald, Mary Anne Theobald and Alfred Edward Debenham (the last of "The Dozen")
In 1851 Alfred, Mary & James are living in St Albans, by the 1871 census Alfred was dead and Jimmy away from home and Mary Ann was in Colchester, whilst Anne Theobald and her son George John Theobald (Mary's brother) and his family were all living  in St Albans.
Mary Ann Debenham died in 1877