Author Topic: Beaumont  (Read 5343 times)

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Beaumont
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 01 April 15 12:56 BST (UK) »
No problem - William Beaumont's service records are on A******y - if interested

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline greenman

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 08 September 15 16:55 BST (UK) »
Hello!
May I stick in my oar, and ask you to look at my family history blog at www.franciswright.wordpress.com  - please scroll down until you find the Beaumonts, and you might find the Gisborne family interesting on the way. In the mid 19th century, a daughter of John Sacheverell Gisborne married one Guillaume (William) Beaumont. According to censuses, Guillaume/William was born in 'foreign parts' and/or France in about 1785. Legend has it that as a child he was an escapee from the Frech Revolution, but as he was 'a British subject' that doesn't really hold water as far as I know. He later opened a school in Lancashire.
The Gisbornes were immensely well-connected in Derbyshire and Staffordshire, and in the last couple of weeks I have reached the conclusion that Estelle Beaumont's family was probably from the same county. Maybe from somewhere like Barrow Hall in Barrow-on-Trent (a Mrs Beaumont can be found there,) or maybe from Derby itself. One doesn't need to be Sherlock Holmes to work out the  marriages that linked property and land - and maybe wealth ...
I must confess I was surprised to see how geographically close a Beaumont family actually was to the Gisbornes in Derbyshire, and I wonder if maybe the puzzle might be a bit closer to solving, thanks to your posting here.
Happy to exchange ideas with you if you like. Please feel free to get in touch.
Best wishes,
Francis Wright
Wright, Gisborne, Stephenson, Weatherly, Hebb, Gray, Hudson, Belohlavek;
Middlesex: Hillingdon, Colham Green, Uxbridge, Hayes;
Yorkshire (East Riding): North Frodingham, Rise, Leven, Driffield;
Lincolnshire: Sleaford.
Bohemia, Czech Republic, Czechoslovakia, Pisek, Pribram, Prague.

Offline EKB

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 24 April 18 22:04 BST (UK) »
Hi

Only just found this conversation. Ethel was my grandmother's niece and I know a few bits and pieces about the Beaumonts.

Thanks