Author Topic: George Carroll +Mary Eloise Chapman  (Read 19251 times)

Offline dbree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Canada
    • View Profile
Re: George Carroll +Mary Eloise Chapman
« Reply #63 on: Tuesday 26 January 16 00:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi placroix,

Welcome to rootschat. :)

Ian hasn't been on rootschat for a couple of months, but I have emailed him to say that he has a new reply from you, which I'm sure he will be thrilled about.

Cheers,
DB

Offline placroix

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Friday 29 January 16 01:41 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for the welcome, and for contacting my long lost relative:)

Offline placroix

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Wednesday 10 February 16 22:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi DB,

I was wondering if you had received a reply to the email you sent to Ian regarding my post about my grandparents, George and Mary Carroll. I read where Sandra wrote, (I still think it would be nice to see if any distant Canadian relatives see this and get in touch). I am Canadian:). I wonder if Ian is still interested. Thank you for your help.

Paullette

Offline dbree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Thursday 11 February 16 00:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi DB,

I read where Sandra wrote, (I still think it would be nice to see if any distant Canadian relatives see this and get in touch). I am Canadian:).

Paullette

Hi Paulette,

Me too eh!. :) Unfortunately nothing from Ian. :(  I sent along 2 emails and no reply. I also sent him a Personal Message through Rootschat in case the email I had wasn't current. Fingers crossed that he comes back to Rootschat and sees your post.....soonish. :)

Cheers,
DB

Added...just sent another PM to Ian just in case.

Offline placroix

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Thursday 11 February 16 05:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi DB,

Thank you for all the trouble you have gone to regarding this. I certainly appreciate it. I didn't mean to hassle you with all of this, I was just curious after reading all of Ian's posts for the past 8 pages. It seemed strange he wouldn't check back to see if there was any response. It is really quite wonderful to have read all the information about my g-mother's family. You know, I didn't even know she was a silk knitter, if fact, I don't even know if my mother knew that. All the different names are quite mind boggling to try to follow all of this. My g-friend is going to put it to paper for me so that we can actually see the way this branch of the tree came down. Thank you again, (EH! LOL)

Paullette

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Thursday 11 February 16 07:40 GMT (UK) »
Such a shame if Ian doesn't come back to this thread. 

Paullette if we can help you with any research, please shout - always willing to have a go  - along with DB  ;)

All the best
Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline dbree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Thursday 11 February 16 14:51 GMT (UK) »
Agree Sandra, a shame if he doesn't come back.

You're welcome Paullette. :)

In reply #51, I contacted a tree owner on Ancestry on Ian's behalf. I just sent along another
message to that tree owner asking if they are in contact with Ian. All fingers crossed that they
are.

Cheers,
DB

Offline placroix

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Thursday 11 February 16 20:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi DB, Hi Sandra,

You both are so very kind, and helpful. To offer me assistance in further searches, is a very generous thing for you to do. I am going to study this one for a while 1st, and try to follow it all before I go any further with my g-father's side. I will try my dad's family after that, which I have had absolutely zero luck there. My cousin sent me what he said was my dad's side, but it completely puzzles me as to a name change that doesn't fit. Oh well, like I said, that's for another day. One line at a time is consuming enough. Take care.

Paullette

Offline Ians1900

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: Sunday 07 January 18 20:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi all,

I am very sorry to have not visited Rootschat for so long. This was because of family illness. I've lost track of everything. Thank you all for all your help. Canadian Cousin, send me a message.

Kind regards

Ian
Smith - Sileby + Coleorton, Leicestershire.
Chamberlain - Sileby, Leicestershire.
Heath - Coleorton, Thringstone + Coalville, Leicestershire.