Author Topic: DISDEL b1938 - any help welcomed!  (Read 3296 times)

Offline Hitchamite

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: DISDEL, b1938 - any help welcomed!
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 07 April 15 00:05 BST (UK) »
Thanks Neil, and Cando too.

I'm sorry if I've inadvertently caused an issue re copyright - the items were all free, so I didn't think there was a problem. Can you please advise how to remove the images? I can't see an obvious way.

Re the search itself, should I close the enquiry completely? It's a bit difficult to request help without the individual's name, and when I started I didn't think she was living (owing to the lack of hits).

I'll attend to the issues as soon as I get a response (which will probably be tomorrow, looking at the time)!

With grateful thanks, Hitchamite.
Gourlay, Noel

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 07 April 15 00:21 BST (UK) »
I think if you go back to your first post and click "Modify"  then under the post it should give you the option to remove attached images. 

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
Re: DISDEL, b 1938 - any help welcomed!
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 07 April 15 00:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Hitchamite,
If go to post where added photos and hit attachments and other options, you get the option to delete ones already there.

for daughter you could hit modify on first post and edit the title so it just has the initial - that should change the title throughout

Similarly with other mentions of daughter ...

Regards
   Ros
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 07 April 15 00:35 BST (UK) »
There is a file on NAA for the dau, her husband and their dau.  As this information is for people born within the last 100 years I suggest we don't post anything further on the board. 

Cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Hitchamite

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 07 April 15 01:10 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the suggestion Cando. If anyone has anything else to add please send me a PM.

Fantastic response, as ever, and many thanks to everyone that has contributed.
Gourlay, Noel

Offline Hitchamite

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: DISDEL b1938 - any help welcomed!
« Reply #23 on: Monday 11 June 18 14:09 BST (UK) »
After a lot more research, a wild hunch (and a lot of luck) I've finally solved my mystery and have made contact with the missing branch of my family.

The suspected spouse's name was so unusual that I did a phone number search and turned up an address. It was hard to conceive that he was still alive, but I finally penned a very carefully worded letter in case a relation was still at the address. To my delight, his daughter is still alive and apparently their daughter in turn went on to have a family of her own.

Many, many thanks for the information gleaned from the Australian records by you all, without which I am sure that I would never made the connection.
Gourlay, Noel