Author Topic: Where Am I No 13? (New)  (Read 2682 times)

Offline cazza59

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Where Am I No 13? (New)
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 18 April 15 03:53 BST (UK) »
Oh well done Jool, what a great find! ;D It looks so different with the exterior painted white. ::)

I've just read that it was built as a hunting lodge in 1870. Do you think it could be another of the Clifton Brown's holiday snaps?  ???

Would be amazing if we could join another dot to the Clifton Brown's.  Perhaps the newspapers might give some clues, particularly obits as they list any one of note that attend the funerals, just a thought.

Caz
Wilkinson - Shropshire;  Jones - Hereford; Mitchell - Brighton; Emery - Brighton; Hall - Brighton Christopher - Dorset; Bussell - Dorset; <br /><br /><br />This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><]

Offline cazza59

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 18 April 15 03:55 BST (UK) »
Well done jool  :)

(wanders off to try and solve 1. Just 1 is all I arsk )

Keep trying…there are still a couple left, you never know your luck! 

Regardless, your time and effort is appreciated!  :) :)

Caz
Wilkinson - Shropshire;  Jones - Hereford; Mitchell - Brighton; Emery - Brighton; Hall - Brighton Christopher - Dorset; Bussell - Dorset; <br /><br /><br />This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><]

Offline cazza59

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 18 April 15 03:59 BST (UK) »
Hi Ruskie, I just had a feeling it could be Scotland so I typed in google images "country mansion Scotland" and randomly browsed the photos.  The first photo I saw was a white painted one but the tower looked right.  Just luck really  ;D

You make it sound so easy.  :)

I think she is being a tad modest.  I know I searched until I thought my eyeballs would fall out  :o :o , so to find these places takes a lot of dedication, plus thinking outside the box when searching.  I doff my hat to everyone that has found one of my WAIs!  8) 8)

Caz

Offline cazza59

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 18 April 15 04:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Ruskie, I just had a feeling it could be Scotland so I typed in google images "country mansion Scotland" and randomly browsed the photos.  The first photo I saw was a white painted one but the tower looked right.  Just luck really  ;D

You make it sound so easy.  :)

She is very good isn't she!!!

Well done Jool!

Yes she is Wiggy, but you had success as well in finding the right link, so once again many thanks to you.

Caz

Offline cazza59

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 18 April 15 04:01 BST (UK) »
Yeah, I don't believe for a minute it was as easy as you make it sound.  :)

I agree, as per my comment above!

Caz

Offline cazza59

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 18 April 15 04:07 BST (UK) »
Yeah, I don't believe for a minute it was as easy as you make it sound.  :)

No Ruskie, I did have to trawl through quite a few before I spotted it but I do enjoy looking at the old houses anyway so not such a chore.  I was focusing on anything with a tower over the front door  ;)

Thanks everyone for your "well dones" I have been determined to solve one.  13 has been a significant number for me for a few years so solving WAI No. 13 was probably meant to be  ;D

Well there you go. Your determination has paid off beautifully and I'm really pleased you have been "rewarded".  Interesting that 13 is lucky for you and you don't suffer from Triskaidekaphobia (always wanted to put that into a sentence  :P :P ::) ::) ).  I believe that superstition is from having 13 at the Last Supper, so my logic is, don't have a dinner party with 13 guests and you need never fear the number 13.  (Sorry, tragically going off topic!  ;D ;D ::) ::) ::) )

Well done buddy!  :-* :-* :-*

Caz

Offline Jool

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • James Dodson, beautifully restored by mozza29
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 18 April 15 10:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Caz, you have had some catching up to do haven't you!  I am so excited about these new finds I am doing the happy dance myself, so I can understand how you must feel  :D   I wish I had a video of myself when I found this one, no one was home so I was shouting out loud to myself in excitement bouncing around in my chair  ::)

It is a shame that they painted Skeabost House, it looks far better in it's original condition, but at least it is still standing. 

As for searching for churches - bring 'em on  ;D ;D ;D
Robbins - Wolverhampton.
Spooner - Monmouthshire & Wolverhampton.
Warner & Loundes - Dudley/West Bromwich.
Dod(g)son - Heysham/Liverpool/Wolverhampton

Offline cazza59

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 18 April 15 11:17 BST (UK) »
You have given me a wonderful mental image and I know exactly how excited you must have been.  You and everyone else has every right to feel very pleased with yourselves!   Amazing stuff!👏👏👏👏👏