Author Topic: Cazzas wonderful collection.- Where am I  (Read 2444 times)

Offline Trishanne

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Cazzas wonderful collection.- Where am I
« on: Tuesday 07 April 15 12:39 BST (UK) »
I would like to say how much I, and many others, love this collection and the history you have  found so far.
I think one of the difficulties in finding the properties is that probably most have been taken with back views and not the front.
My friends lived in this property in France, it came as part of the job.  I know it's not one of yours Cazza, but just look how plain the front is and then look at the back.  All the photos we took when visiting were taken in the back of course.
I am sure this is why it is so hard to identify some of the houses.
Pat
Bownass - Lancashire & Westmorland
Hoggarth - Lancashire & Westmorland
Jackson- Lancaster
Waller - Dent, Yorkshire dales
Omerod - Lancashire
Redburn - Lancashire
Evans - Hereford

RESTORERS please do not use my restores without my permission THANK YOU

Offline cazza59

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Cazzas wonderful collection.- Where am I
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 07 April 15 13:01 BST (UK) »
You are absolutely correct, plus they may now be ruins or worse still, no longer exist.  However, having said that, I still can't believe how many have been identified so far, thanks to some amazing Rootschatters.

Not to mention one of the homes identified being occupied by what I had assumed were just your everyday wealthy Edwardians, until Jools amazingly spotted a Royal connection!

Coincidentally, as a fun exercise, I have in the last 10 minutes, finished plotting the main protagonists from the Burnham Beeches mansion into a family tree based on Jools' research, adding photos that are available as I went, until I did indeed get to add a photo of QEII.  Who would have thought there would such an amazing connection to a simple photo!  :o :o :o :o

If only this were my own family... :o :o :o :o  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 

Caz
Wilkinson - Shropshire;  Jones - Hereford; Mitchell - Brighton; Emery - Brighton; Hall - Brighton Christopher - Dorset; Bussell - Dorset; <br /><br /><br />This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><]

Offline Jool

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • James Dodson, beautifully restored by mozza29
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 16 April 15 18:31 BST (UK) »
I have only just spotted this thread  ::)

Pat, you wouldn't think those two photos were of the same house! there doesn't appear to be any similarity in style.  We may have to look more closely in our searches.  I too am really enjoying Caz's WAI threads and the history they reveal, especially now I've managed to solve one   ;D

Caz, I'm pleased you were able to plot the Royal connection into a tree, you must have been well chuffed when you reached the Queen  ;)

I think the next WAI is "WAI Caz" It's all gone worryingly quiet  ???
Robbins - Wolverhampton.
Spooner - Monmouthshire & Wolverhampton.
Warner & Loundes - Dudley/West Bromwich.
Dod(g)son - Heysham/Liverpool/Wolverhampton

Offline diesse

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 17 April 15 11:51 BST (UK) »
I look forward to the WAI's from Cazza. I live in Australia and have never been to England, I just love the photos reading the thrill of the case.

Keep up the excellent work everyone.

Cheers,
Di
Badge, Butt, Brentnall, Cannon, Dixon, Esse (Main) Harcourt, Mahony, Moss, Mossop, Nickells, Sowerby, Vickers U.K/Australia/U.S.A.

Offline cazza59

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 18 April 15 03:30 BST (UK) »
So sorry I've been missing in action, but I am fine.  I've just been very busy most days and evenings and have forced myself to stay away from the computer so I could catch up with everything that I've neglected.

I can actually sense how much people are enjoying these threads and to be honest, I thought people would get annoyed with me for posting so many…how wrong was I??  :D :D

I'm having so much fun and not only that, I've gotten to know so many more wonderful Rootschatters.  It's been a terrific, fascinating and rewarding exercise and the results are simply unbelievable.

Thank you sincerely to everyone that is taking part, whether you've commented or not, it's very much appreciated.

Caz

PS Jool's you have no idea…I was that chuffed you would have thought it was actually my family tree.  I know that without you, I would never have dug that far and the Royalty connection would never have surfaced.  You are also on the Honour Roll of course!  8) 8) ;D ;D ;D

Wilkinson - Shropshire;  Jones - Hereford; Mitchell - Brighton; Emery - Brighton; Hall - Brighton Christopher - Dorset; Bussell - Dorset; <br /><br /><br />This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><]

Offline cazza59

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 18 April 15 03:33 BST (UK) »
I look forward to the WAI's from Cazza. I live in Australia and have never been to England, I just love the photos reading the thrill of the case.

Keep up the excellent work everyone.

Cheers,
Di

So happy to read this Di.  I never thought that when I posted the first WAI, it would lead to everyone having so much fun and discovery so much.  It's just amazing and I'm thrilled to bits.  ;D ;D

Caz