Author Topic: Message for NorrieG Adamson family Dysart  (Read 2985 times)

Offline Sheena3

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Message for NorrieG Adamson family Dysart
« on: Tuesday 07 April 15 21:04 BST (UK) »
 Adamson family from Dysart, Andrew Adamson and Agnes Keddie  Adamson died in 1916 (Boreland), and 1899 , West quality Street Dysart respectively. Branches of this family christened into Mormon church and emigrated to Ohio and other members emigrated to Illinois. Interested if there are any headstones for Andrew and Agnes Keddie Adamson any any information known of family. Thanks in advance.

Offline NorrieG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Message for NorrieG Adamson family Dysart
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 14 April 15 16:33 BST (UK) »
Adamson family from Dysart, Andrew Adamson and Agnes Keddie  Adamson died in 1916 (Boreland), and 1899 , West quality Street Dysart respectively. Branches of this family christened into Mormon church and emigrated to Ohio and other members emigrated to Illinois. Interested if there are any headstones for Andrew and Agnes Keddie Adamson any any information known of family. Thanks in advance.
Hi Sheena sorry nothing for the above
Norrie
Gordon,Gillies, Taylor,Kinnear, Wemyss Parish

Offline BartonIreland

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 09 July 19 20:57 BST (UK) »
I read a thread that someone has taken photos of all the headstones in Dysart Cemetery in Fife? Any help on locating the library for these pictures please?

Thanks in advance

Offline NorrieG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 10 July 19 15:54 BST (UK) »
I read a thread that someone has taken photos of all the headstones in Dysart Cemetery in Fife? Any help on locating the library for these pictures please?

Thanks in advance

Hi I have over 2000 photographs of headstones in Dysart Cemetery  Who are you looking for

Please supply the name of your ancestors eg William Brown & Mary Grey and approx. year of

there death and where from

Norrie G

Offline BartonIreland

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 10 July 19 18:43 BST (UK) »
Hi NorrieG,

Thank you for the reply :) The name is Annie McGraw Maiden name Barton. Shes buried with her Husband Daniel McGraw and her son Mark McGraw. She died Nov 1952 and is Buried in Dysart Cemetery. she was 83 years old. If you need anymore information or my email let me know  :)

Thanks in advance

Offline NorrieG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 11 July 19 10:10 BST (UK) »
Hi NorrieG,

Thank you for the reply :) The name is Annie McGraw Maiden name Barton. Shes buried with her Husband Daniel McGraw and her son Mark McGraw. She died Nov 1952 and is Buried in Dysart Cemetery. she was 83 years old. If you need anymore information or my email let me know  :)

Thanks in advance

Hi sorry there are no headstones for McGraw or Barton in Dysart Cemetery

Norrie

Offline whiteout7

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 11 July 19 10:29 BST (UK) »

I wonder if your dates are correct?
Adam Adamson born about 1816 died about 1891 married to Agnes Keddie born about 1821 died about 1899,they had a daughter Agnes Nancy Adamson born about 1848.
https://gw.geneanet.org/etakathyaolco?lang=en&pz=larry+k.&nz=dunn&p=agnes&n=adamson&oc=9

Amended, I find Kathy Dunns page pretty accurate. I actually have an Isabell Adamson (born 1771) in my tree as well as half the people in Kathy Dunns tree (All from around the Dysart Area)

Wemyss/Crombie/Laing/Blyth (West Wemyss)
Givens/Normand (Dysart)
Clark/Lister (Dysart)
Wilkinson/Simson (Kettle or Kettlehill)

Offline BartonIreland

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 13 July 19 15:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Norrie,

Thank you for checking, she is buried in Section H Lair 130. Maybe the stone has been vandalised or crumbled over the years.

Thanks again