Author Topic: William Jones b.1842 , married Elizabeth Roberts.  (Read 4215 times)

Offline Isobell21

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Jones b.1842 , married Elizabeth Roberts.
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 07 May 15 22:33 BST (UK) »
,I am just dropping in to than-you for your efforts in helping me find my g-granparents,and to let you know I found the information I need to help me with this part of my family,I found the marriage information which led me to birth information and the names of my 2x great-grandparents.

I think it helped just to talk with people who have helped others.

Isobell
Barber,Foden,Howarth,Horrobin,Jones

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 07 May 15 22:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Isobell, as a number of us have worked very hard on your 2 threads, maybe you would impart the marriage details to us, so the we can kick ourselves for not spotting it earlier?

Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Isobell21

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 08 May 15 18:03 BST (UK) »
is wrong with what you did. I found the marriage and did not think it was my ggrandparents
because the age was wrong ... it said born in 1838 - I have always had it as 1842 ... also because it took place in Staffordshire, I just thought there cold be 2 William's born in Llansantffraid ... 1 in 1838 and 1 in 1842 ... I felt sure even if there was only 1 Jones family in Llansantffraid (unlikely) he could have cousins ... the 1 single thing for me was finding the name of his father Llewelyn ... William also named 1 of his sons Lewelyn (born in 1880) William also had a daughter named Margaret born in (1874)Shropshire, I should have known better as my Grandfather - a Railway Porter married my grandmother in Chorley,Lancs. He travelled. I also new my Grandfather's siblings always lived in Shropshire he was the only 1 who did not.So when I found William in Chirk in the 1861 Census at 19 years old (it was 1 of your people who found him and pointed me in that direction.) I new it was a possiblity,to prove it I had to find Elizabeth,I did and she was working as a servant,I had concentrated all my efforts on New Martin where her first born child  ( William) was born and where she  herself had been  born.
I also had trouble finding him in the 1851 Census I really went through many pages but once I had his father's name it came up. I was using find my past,I will continue t use them because Ancestry has not helped me with my English ancestor's.

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 08 May 15 20:30 BST (UK) »
Hi again Isobell, are you saying William was b c 1838 and not c 1842 with parents Lewellyn & Margaret and married in Chorley, Lancashire?
Keyboard86

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 09 May 15 14:09 BST (UK) »
OK Isobell, can now see William/Elizabeth married 24th September 1867 Burslem, William 23 occ Porter residing Gobowen,  Elizabeth 25 residing New Martin
So well found!
Keyboard86

Offline Isobell21

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 09 May 15 15:38 BST (UK) »
Yes my Grandfather Thomas Edward m. Isabella Moorcroft in Chorley,Lanc.he was also raiway porter.
They married in 1896.My Father was born Chorley in 1899.
They immigrated to Montreal,Quebec in 1909.
This has been a very interesting journey.