Author Topic: Patrick Broderick born Cappaquin Waterford about 1861  (Read 5562 times)

Offline janneymc

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Patrick Broderick born Cappaquin Waterford about 1861
« Reply #9 on: Friday 10 April 15 22:12 BST (UK) »
 1866 was the year she was born I think. The index for her was births in Wanganui 1860-67 and the source was GRO Army Chaplains Birth Indices 1796-1880 under the record set British Nationals armed forces births 1761-2005.

Offline janneymc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 11 April 15 20:01 BST (UK) »
 Thanks for that info on the GRO and TNA :). I didn't see that yesterday. I'll follow up on that. I really appreciate your help on all this.
Cheers
Jan

Offline rathmore

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 14 April 15 11:07 BST (UK) »
Census of 1911 Patrick Broderick Army Pensioner living with family at 59 Kickham Street, Tipperary

Offline janneymc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 16 April 15 17:41 BST (UK) »
 Yes thank you , that's the right one.
Cheers
Jan

Offline HighBungayDRifter

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 29 March 16 13:11 BST (UK) »
Hello
Patrick and Anne Jane Broderick were my Great Grandparents. I am just starting to research my family history. My mother lived with them in London up until the 1930s, I think. Her mother was the Agnes that appears on the census entries. She has told me much the same as you have said about India and New Zealand. I wondered if you have any more info that might help me get started. Thanks.
Peter Yates.

Offline janneymc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 29 March 16 22:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Peter, Lovely to hear from you. Not sure who you mean as Agnes.  What was your mother`s name. If you send me your email address I can email you my information as I`ve collected quite a bit on this family.
Cheers
Jan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 30 March 16 00:09 BST (UK) »
hi Jan. My mother's name is Rachel Yates nee Collins. Her mother was Agnes Collins nee Broderick. She was the newlyborn on the 1901 census entry for Patrick and Anne Jane in Clonmel. My Email is (*). Anything you could send me would be most appreciated. I'm beginning to realise how difficult this family history business is! Thanks for your help and for replying to my post.   

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline janneymc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 30 March 16 00:49 BST (UK) »
HI Peter, great . Yes I see Agnes on the census. My soninlaw is a descendant of Joseph Broderick and older brother of your Agnes. Are you a member of ancestry? I can send you an invite to my tree on that if you'd like me to and then you'll be able to see all the records I've attached to this family.  What do you have on this family to date so I don't inundate you with too much?
Cheers
Jan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 30 March 16 01:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Jan. Yes, I think my Mum has spoken about her Uncles Matty and Joe, also Auntie Bella. In fact she maintains that there were 24 of them. She's 95 now, and doen't always bother to distinguish between fact and imagination. I knew Gertie (1911 census). She lived in Clapton, East London, when I was a kid. She was a very tiny person and quite a character. Patrick and Anne lived in Haberdasher St, Hoxton, London. I think he worked in the Post Office, even though he was retired. He died from a fall, probably when my mum was young, in the 30s. Anne died in 1951. My grandmother came to london to work in service when she was about 18. I guess her parents must have joined her when the Irish Republic came into being. I think men who had served in the British arny might have face quite a hard time then. I don't have much else I'm afraid. Your thread has given substance to my anecdotes. I will join Ancestry tomorrow and let you know. Thanks again for all of this info. Peter.