Author Topic: Ann (Annie) Williams drowned aged 80 ? in Pwllheli 1980 ?  (Read 34620 times)

Offline EmyrBorth

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ann (Annie) Williams drowned aged 80 ? in Pwllheli 1980 ?
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 04 August 15 10:59 BST (UK) »
Hi
Spoke to a good friend of Annie and Gwyn a few days ago. Tells me that there are family still living in Pwllheli area. He was away at the time of Annie's death; was later told by Gwyn that she'd suffered a heart attack, which would account for her having drowned in an area she was very familiar with. He agrees with the newspaper account that it was winkles she was collecting ; she was wary of eating mussels because of the risks involved; regularly collected and cooked winkles.
Gwyn worked moving animals around in the Mart in Pwllheli ; was killed by being crushed by a bull in a pen.
Sending PM.
Emyr

Offline Billfish

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 13 October 19 07:01 BST (UK) »
I don't know if anyone is still viewing this post, however I am trying to find if Ann had a son, John Leslie Jones ? 

Offline EmyrBorth

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 13 October 19 09:34 BST (UK) »
Hi
Nobody of that name mentioned in list of relatives in obituary.
Emyr

Offline Mandy_Buckley

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 06 July 22 12:37 BST (UK) »
Oh my gosh!! I don't know if anyone is still following this thread,but i feel so invested in this story...
I walked past the cottage the other day, and felt so sad that it was in ruin, and wondered, like you often do when you see a ruined home, about how and why it fell into ruin...

What a tragic story about Annie and Gwyn!!

I wonder how the house came to be abandoned.... If it was just because both had passed.......

I think I will lay some flowers for Annie and Gwyn, next time i walk along there.