Author Topic: DESMOND, Chilliwack B.C. also Pinkerton, Ont. & Longueuil,Quebec & IRELAND  (Read 9079 times)

Online SUFFOLK BOY

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: DESMOND, Chilliwack B.C. also Pinkerton, Ont. & Longueuil,Quebec & IRELAND
« Reply #9 on: Friday 10 April 15 20:48 BST (UK) »
My wife was a Desmond,all her family coming from Cork,her 3 x grt grandfather Patrick b,1780.One of patricks children was Timothy b,1820 Cork who came to the U.K about 1840 and settled in Chelsea.Names such as Patrick and Timothy seem to be used a lot in her tree any more info on this tree just ask,Neil. :)
Brown and Oakley family Glemsford and Lavenham Suffolk,Simpson, Stewart/Steward,Hartley,Hardy family all Lavenham. Pepper family Herringswell, Wakerley & Suffolk.Chapman and Pattle family  Suffolk. Desmond family from cork Ireland and London. Anybody wants information on the Brown family from Suffolk let me know would be glad to help.

Offline sami

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Grannie M
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 10 April 15 21:04 BST (UK) »
.....just a further note on the "Chilliwack Progress" newspaper:

There is also the obituary for Lorraine Alice Desmond 1914-1992.

sami

.....added - the findagrave reference giving a death date of 2002 must be an error.
England:  Archer, Bailey, Bates, Blower, Bosworth, Court, Hicklin, Orton, Palmer, Robbins, Sedgwick, Smith, Stevenson, Stone, Varnam, Wakelin, Walker
Canada:  Archer, Walker, Spencer, Shepherd
Australia:  Taplin
South Africa:  Risley

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 10 April 15 21:08 BST (UK) »
Cleophas Mary Packard nee Desmond - passed away 7 November 1994 (obit 16 November 1994)
Interment St Mary's Cemetery. Chilliwack.

http://theprogress.newspapers.com/image/80896030/?terms=howard+l+packard

Sandra

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline sami

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Grannie M
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 10 April 15 21:13 BST (UK) »
...... and the 1982 obituary for Richard Joseph Desmond.

That newspaper is a great resource.

sami
England:  Archer, Bailey, Bates, Blower, Bosworth, Court, Hicklin, Orton, Palmer, Robbins, Sedgwick, Smith, Stevenson, Stone, Varnam, Wakelin, Walker
Canada:  Archer, Walker, Spencer, Shepherd
Australia:  Taplin
South Africa:  Risley

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 10 April 15 21:21 BST (UK) »
FIND A GRAVE - Richard Joseph Desmond -

Burial: Saint Mary's Cemetery Chilliwack Fraser Valley Regional District British Columbia, Canada
Plot: C 10 7

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=96533518

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline celtic liberty

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Allihies, West Cork, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 10 April 15 22:46 BST (UK) »

Hi Sandra, Sami & Suffolk boy, 

I would like to say thank you all so much for such fantastic information.  A huge amount to go on.
You are all brilliant.   I have loads to go on with all your help.   

All of those obituaries are great too. 

That will keep me busy for a while.

Suffolk boy I will have a look at the information I have to see if your information ties in.   Desmond is such a common name in Co. Cork.  There were a lot of Humphreys from the same general areas of Templemartin, Farrnalough Newcestown, & Kilmurray  some but not all were directly related.

As well as the wonderful find of the very old photo album I also got a huge family tree for some Desmonds and Fitzgeralds going back to 1703 so a lot to sift through and tie it all in.

I can't believe you mentioned Medicine Hat, Alberta because I actually did a search for a lady from there whose ancestors came from Cork Ireland and when I found the photos with the Canadian connection I emailed her to say I had relations in Canada but never imagined for a second that they may have lived in Medicine Hat at some stage.  A wonderful coincidence.  It really is a small world!!

Thank you all so much for your wonderful help and speedy replies, I really appreciate it.

Am so excited to have all that extra information.

All the best from Ireland

Mary
Celtic Liberty

Bradfield, Buckley, Capels,Cronin, Desmond, Leonard, Lombard,Mullins, O'Brien,

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 10 April 15 22:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Mary,

It can be quite difficult to get information in Canada because of the privacy laws so you have been very fortunate with the amount of info that was found.  Sure there must be loads more . Delighted to have helped.  Sami came up with that wonderful link for the obituaries which was great.

go léir is fearr
Regards
Sandra

Offline celtic liberty

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Allihies, West Cork, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 10 April 15 23:17 BST (UK) »

Sandra,

Go raibh mile maith agat!   (Thank you very much)

I have added my Desmond interest to the "Surname Interests", I can't believe that I didn't know
about that resource even though I am on Rootschat for a few years!  You definitely learn something new every day!!!

Slan go foil,

Mary
Celtic Liberty
Bradfield, Buckley, Capels,Cronin, Desmond, Leonard, Lombard,Mullins, O'Brien,

Online SUFFOLK BOY

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 11 April 15 17:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Mary,Hope it was some help to you, and look forward to you finding anything else out about this family,thanks Neil.
Brown and Oakley family Glemsford and Lavenham Suffolk,Simpson, Stewart/Steward,Hartley,Hardy family all Lavenham. Pepper family Herringswell, Wakerley & Suffolk.Chapman and Pattle family  Suffolk. Desmond family from cork Ireland and London. Anybody wants information on the Brown family from Suffolk let me know would be glad to help.