Author Topic: 40 Pembroke Place Liverpool  (Read 4368 times)

Online ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 40 Pembroke Place Liverpool
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 11 April 15 08:24 BST (UK) »
Charles Blackburn is also mentioned here in connection with the Stag's Head - with pictures of his parents. http://chrisroutledge.co.uk/2009/02/13/robert-cains-first-head-brewer/
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 11 April 15 10:06 BST (UK) »
this mans twin brother is Charlie Blackburn - pretty certain their grandad was a  boxer ...
https://plus.google.com/117026006816261113117/about?gl=uk&hl=en
Geoff and Charlie both played cricket for Liverpool Cricket Club ....I grew up with them - both in their mid 60's now ....might be worth giving Geoff a ring ??
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline wayne69

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 11 April 15 20:22 BST (UK) »
Many thanks to everyone for the very helpful and informative replies. Your breadth of knowledge is amazing.

Offline petexxx

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 09 September 16 00:02 BST (UK) »
Now 09 08 2016 in looking for links to my youth I stumbled on your site via google earth, my pals all lived in or around the Bullring so the Daulby Royal, Stags Head and Strickland's pubs were all within walking distance and well known to me.

I played Sunday Division 1 and premier league soccer for both the Daulby Royal (on opposite side higher up on same corner as dental clinic) and Stags Head and have fond memories of both but the satellite reveals that neither building exists anymore, both having been taken over by 'progress'. 
Note: even the cut through street to Stricklands has gone, in those times if ever anyone got in trouble you'd know real soon for as soon as you stepped in the pub the guys would say the 'whip round' to pay 'Joe blow's' fine is on the back shelf so before you could even order a pint it was a case dipping your hands in pocket to help pay one of your buddies court fines.  pete