Author Topic: Hundreds of really old photos without names or dates  (Read 915 times)

Offline newmodernist

• RootsChat Member
  • Building on my mothers lifes work.
    • View Profile
Hundreds of really old photos without names or dates
« on: Saturday 11 April 15 10:36 BST (UK) »
I've just finished scanning hundreds of old photos that didn't have any names or dates on them.  What would be the best step by step process in trying to find out who these people may be?  If they're other peoples relatives - I'd love to be able to get them back to their families!  If they're mine, I'd love to find out who they are!  Is there some sort of website for old photos?
Moore, Craig, Donnelly, Boyd, Johnston, Butterworth, Hayes, Orr, Brierley, Heather

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Hundreds of really old photos without names or dates
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 11 April 15 11:10 BST (UK) »
Hi...You could post some on here for dating and other clues that might help to establish a connection with your ancestors...or..you could upload them for sharing here where people can comment:

https://uk.pinterest.com/

Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline newmodernist

• RootsChat Member
  • Building on my mothers lifes work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 11 April 15 16:01 BST (UK) »
Hi...You could post some on here for dating and other clues that might help to establish a connection with your ancestors...or..you could upload them for sharing here where people can comment:

https://uk.pinterest.com/

Carol

Is there a pinterest board in particular for them, or should I just upload them to my own board/account?
Moore, Craig, Donnelly, Boyd, Johnston, Butterworth, Hayes, Orr, Brierley, Heather

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 11 April 15 17:34 BST (UK) »
I joined up to view WW 1 photos that I was interested in and get emails when new images are posted...I think you create your own board then interested parties add comment. If any of them are damaged you can post them here for repair and dating...we would love to see them.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU