Author Topic: Harry Binnersley on Wybunbury War Memorial???  (Read 2633 times)

Offline potty5

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Harry Binnersley on Wybunbury War Memorial???
« on: Sunday 12 April 15 12:53 BST (UK) »
Hi guys. Been researching the Wybunbury war memorial and have found all but one of the men listed. The one I can't find is HARRY BINNERSLEY. I have found him (or 2 men, which might be the same man!) with details on the census records, but no date of his death. He must have been dead by October 1918 as his name appears in the Wybunbury parish magazine as one of the 11 to go on the war memorial. I have a feeling he may have left the Army and possibly died of his wounds etc. as there is no info on him on the CWGC site or on Ancestry. Any help would be gratefully received.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Harry Binnersley on Wybunbury War Memorial???
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 12 April 15 13:17 BST (UK) »
There is no registered birth or death for a Harry Binnersley in a suitable timescale for him to have served in WW1

A Harold Binnersley was b 1891 but only died in 1968

Perhaps Harry wasn't his given name - just the name he was known as
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Online Ray T

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 12 April 15 13:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Potty, I'm away from my main computer at the moment so I can't give you a detailed answer. I have a lot of Binnersleys but I don't think I have the one you're looking for. Are you researching the Binnersleys or the war memorial? Most of my Binnersleys were Ag Labs and tended to move around Shropshire on a regular basis. Some later moved to the W Midlands but my line moved up to Cheshire.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 12 April 15 14:06 BST (UK) »
No WW1 MRI card for a Harry only a Harold which is probably the one died 1968

There is one for a Henry C  Shropshire Light Infantry, King's Own Royal Lancaster Regiment but I can't find a birth or death for a Henry C Binnersley

There are 2 Charles Henry Binnersley births - both in Shropshire.  One in 1879 (died 1946)  and one in 1896 (died 1923)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline elzabels

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 04 May 15 00:48 BST (UK) »
There is a Harry BINNERSLEY aged 2 b 1889 Audlem living with his parents William & Sarah A  at London Rd Stapley Nantwich Cheshire in 1891 RG12; Piece: 2858; Folio: 56; Page: 13

1901 has the family mistranscribed as Binnusley RG13; Piece: 3354; Folio: 44; Page: 20

By 1911 he is not included with the family and is probably with the DUTTON family at Ash Tree Farm Austerson Nantwich

He has brothers Harold Hubert & Herbert

Online Ray T

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 04 May 15 16:32 BST (UK) »
Clearly fond of their "H's"! Surprisingly I haven't a single H Binnersley on my list of 46 Binnersleys.

Binnersley does seem to get mis-transcribed and I have everything from Binsley to Billinsley. I did have a theory that the name may have originated as "Bynordsley" but I've never been able to prove it.