Author Topic: GERTRUDE ROWLANDS BORN 1887 married ERNEST CHILTON 16.06.1907  (Read 10226 times)

Offline Jo Harding

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: GERTRUDE ROWLANDS BORN 1887 married ERNEST CHILTON 16.06.1907
« Reply #18 on: Friday 17 April 15 14:48 BST (UK) »
Hello Paul,

I am pleased this was of help to you.

It is a strange coincidence but my ancestors worked for London NW Railway and in Mold at the same time as your ancestors. My gt grandfather left Mold and went to Holyhead where he remained until he retired.

I have lived in North Wales and Chester/Cheshire for most of my life but am not there now (unfortunately)  :(

I am quite busy at the moment but will try to find some more information for you shortly.

Best wishes,

Jo.

Offline Jo Harding

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: GERTRUDE ROWLANDS BORN 1887 married ERNEST CHILTON 16.06.1907
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 22 April 15 10:29 BST (UK) »
Hello again,

I am struggling to identify Thomas Rowlands in earlier census returns. I cannot find him in the 1871.

There are 6 people by the name of Thomas Rowlands in the 1851 census born and living on Anglesey. It is impossible to decide which of these is your Thomas. The most likely candidate to me is Thomas Rowlands, son of William and Anne Rowlands. The family is living at Llanedwen and Thomas is shown as born Llanedwen. The entry reads as follows:

William Rowlands, head, married, age 36, Agr Labr, bornAnglesey, Llangristiolys,
Anne Rowlands, wife, age 31, born Anglesey, Llangeinwen.
Anne Rowlands, daughter, age 11, born Anglesey, Llanfair PG.
Mary Rowlands, daughter, age 9, born Anglesey ???
William Rowlands, son, age 7, born Anglesey, Llanedwen.
Jemimah Rowlands, daughter, age 5, born Llanedwen.
Thomas Rowlands, son, age 3, born Llanedwen.
Elizabeth Rowlands, daughter, age 1 month, born Llanedwen.

There is a family by the name of Rowlands living next to them. This is headed by Richard Rowlands, farmer.

There is an entry for Thomas Rowlands in the 1861 and this appears to be the same person. He is living in Llanedwen and is a servant on a farm there. The head of the household is Lewis Jones. The people in this include 3 people by the name of Roberts.

I cannot be sure this is the right person. I think the only way you are going to establish the identity of Thomas will be to obtain his marriage certificate which will give his father's name.

Jo.