Author Topic: Michael Noy HELP- here we go again  (Read 15552 times)

Offline Noy1818

• RootsChat Senior
  • Fairlie- The convict ship Michael Noy travelled on
    • View Profile
Re: Michael Noy HELP- here we go again
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday 07 July 15 05:11 BST (UK) »
Hello everybody,

Formal burial records finally arrived today. Nothing new that we didn't already know. Michael has 2 burial records, only difference between them is on one it says his burial date was the 25th/09 and the other 26th/09. Also one says Richmond Bottoms while the other says Richmond Buttons, which would be a spelling or translation error. Walter's abode was Emu Plains, although I don't think its worth looking at Walter to much now as I don't know how he is related and they did not die on the same day. I got a bit of info on Walter anyway. No cause of death for Michael still, which I expected, as those things weren't really recorded until the 1850s.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday 07 July 15 05:34 BST (UK) »
Hi,

The printed form from the 1840s C of E parish registers used in NSW reads:
Burials in the Parish of ……………………………………………………………………. In the County of
………………………………………………………………………………….. in the Year 18 …………………………

The headings on the seven columns are:

Name
Abode
When Died
When Buried
Quality or Profession (if Bond, state name of ship)
By whom the ceremony was performed

There is no provision for family history information, or for exact location of the grave (or even which cemetery), and no requirement for recording cause of death on burial records. 

Civil registration commenced in NSW 1 March 1856.  Civil registration introduces death certificates, which in NSW incorporate the burial order, make provision for  family history and cause of death to be recorded through the civil registration process.   

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Noy1818

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday 07 July 15 05:36 BST (UK) »
Yep, that's the layout

Offline Noy1818

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday 07 July 15 05:49 BST (UK) »
It's looking unlikely now that we are going to find a burial plot and cause of death... 

Offline Noy1818

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday 08 July 15 00:31 BST (UK) »
Details
Name- Michael Noy
Abode- Richmond Bottoms
When Died- 23rd September 1847
When Buried- 26th September 1847
Age- 28 years
Quality or Profession - Labourer
Ship- Fairlie
Where ceremony performed- Parish of Richmond, in the Country of Cumberland
By whom the ceremony was performed- John Elder

Although it does not mention this on his burial record, I do believe he was working for Peter McIntyre at the time of his death.

Offline Noy1818

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Thursday 09 July 15 05:13 BST (UK) »
Viewed the records off Find My Past, nothing new unfortunately. :(

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Thursday 09 July 15 05:32 BST (UK) »

I think you will find that those records are images, with the originals held by various public records offices eg TNA (The National Archives, England), SRNSW (State Records Office, NSW).  In some cases, there's no images, only indexes/transcriptions prepared by genie societies, or perhaps familysearch.org

So it makes sense that you are not finding anything new, but at least you are able to validate information that many RChatters have provided and that is good.

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Noy1818

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Thursday 09 July 15 06:24 BST (UK) »

I think you will find that those records are images, with the originals held by various public records offices eg TNA (The National Archives, England), SRNSW (State Records Office, NSW).  In some cases, there's no images, only indexes/transcriptions prepared by genie societies, or perhaps familysearch.org

So it makes sense that you are not finding anything new, but at least you are able to validate information that many RChatters have provided and that is good.

Cheers,  JM

I think that we have found all we can on him. There's not much more we can find apart from cause of death which is unlikely to find and his early childhood years. But I presume that those records regarding his birth do not exist anymore, or maybe never did.

Offline Noy1818

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Michael Noy- here we go again
« Reply #62 on: Sunday 27 September 15 09:50 BST (UK) »
A few days ago, I visited the St Peter's cemetery in Richmond. Although I couldn't visit Michael's exact burial spot (due to his unmarked grave), I was able to see his wife's grave. Being there, made me realise how far I have come. From knowing nothing of Michael, I was able to track basically his whole life story, and I couldn't have done it without everyone's help. I would just like to thank you all again for everything. Although some parts of his life may never be known to me, like his death, without all of your help, I would never have got as far as I did. Thank you all so so so much, a little part of me is now complete. Thank you to everyone that contributed in every way to help me discover a little part of myself I never knew.