Author Topic: book: Wrenche,(Pransaiad) and Radcliffe of Glamorgan by W.G. Wrenche 147 pages 1  (Read 2954 times)

Offline marinerclark

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hello  I am hoping someone has this book on their shelves or at their local Family history Group.  It is only available back east for me in the US.

Looking for information on the Pranch family   Edward will  1730, Edward will 1780 and Edward will 1812.  Also interested in wives.  The family had Nant Brane farm just west of Wenvoe in the Vale.  They baptized ,married and buried at Wenvoe, St Lythan, St Fagan, St George Super Ely, St Nicholas and probably a few more.

Always looking for cousins and any suggestions.  Thank you for reading.  LizR
CLARK Waite Ashley Gravett  Vousden Lilbourn
Daniels Marten Craft Beale Rye Sussex,
Morgan, Pranch, Rees, Thomas Llantrisant, St Fagans, St Lythans Glamorgan
Howell Glamorgan, Pembroke
Davies Glamorgan Merthyr and Llangafelach
Perkin, Beynon  Pembroke
Grey David Thomas Williams Llangyfelach Parish Glamorgan

Offline Cell

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Two words that can change the world "Thank You"
    • View Profile
Re: book: Wrenche,(Pransaiad) and Radcliffe of Glamorgan by W.G. Wrenche 147 pages 1
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 15 April 15 13:56 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I don't know if you want to buy the book, but if you do  I found one for sale for only $10 plus postage in the US via Abe books. Seller is in Indianapolis:
http://www.rootschat.com/links/01f5c/ 

A few libraries have it, both in the US and the UK, but  depending on your location it may be far cheaper to buy it than to waste xxxxx dollars in petrol getting to one of the libraries that have it.

Google books info  -
"Bibliographic information
Title Wrenche, Pransiaid, and Radcliffe: Notes on Two Families of Glamorgan
Author W. G. Wrenche
Publisher publisher not identified, 1956
Length 147 pages "

Hope that Helps
Kind regards
Census information in my posts are crown copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.u

Offline marinerclark

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: book: Wrenche,(Pransaiad) and Radcliffe of Glamorgan by W.G. Wrenche 147 pages 1
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 15 April 15 16:07 BST (UK) »
Thank you for taking an interest.   I was hoping to know more about the author's research.   Does he list his sources or is his tree based on what his great aunt told him.  That kind of thing.

Pranch wills go back to the 1500's in Cardiff and there is no hint of a W.  A few Pranches in Monmouth too.   At least it is local shipping.
Have you read any of Charles Shepherd's parish  histories?   He wrote one on St Nicholas Parish , published in 1934.     Thanks again for taking the time.   LizR
Perkin, Beynon  Pembroke

Offline Vivienne44

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 11 June 15 14:35 BST (UK) »
Hello, It is my grandfather, William Wrenche (Branch) who wrote this book. He died in 1964 so he is unable to answer your questions specifically. He was born into the Branch family, changing his name to Wrenche when he started to look into the family history. Radcliffe was my grandmother's family name. My grandfather was a vicar and so uniquely placed to understand and have good access to church records from where most, if not all of his information came. He has made some rather interesting 'leaps' in the book where he finds himself at a crossroads of information... My personal favourite is the first part of the book which is autobiographical. Too short in my opinion but I am of course biased. He does know quite a lot of the area of his search as he was born and brought up in the Vale of Glamorgan, not a Welsh speaker but from a Welsh family traced back to 702 AD if his research was correct. It sounds as though you are interested in the same family. Regards, Vivienne

Offline marinerclark

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Hello Vivienne,  Thank you so much for your reply.  The last Pranch in my family is Margaret Daughter of Edward (will probated 1812)  She married Jenkins Morgan in 1806 at St Fagans.  Her son John Morgan (1806-1873 Cardiff) is my2 greats grandfather.
      Questions about Pranch   Any occupations or stories.  I only have wills and dates.   Information about Nant Brane farm.  I know Edward died 1780 and wife Mary are buried in the church at St George Super Ely .
     Does the book talk about this branch of the Pranches or does it trace the William Pranch families?  Looking forward to hearing from you.  Liz R
   P.S. I dont know much at all about the wives and would love to know When Margaret Morgan died and is buried.
Perkin, Beynon  Pembroke

Offline marinerclark

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Hello Vivienne,  Would love to hear more about the book and your grandfather.  LizR
Perkin, Beynon  Pembroke