Author Topic: Lippmans  (Read 980 times)

Offline Kateryan

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Lippmans
« on: Thursday 16 April 15 16:40 BST (UK) »
I have been trying to research my great-grandmother's family and not getting very far. I know Barnett Lippman was born around 1875 in Russia, possibly Poland, and immigrated around 1892. Around 1895 he married Rosie Hurvitz/Hurwitz. Rose was born around 1871 in Russia also possibly Poland and she immigrated around 1894. I have found no marriage records for them.

I have found census records for them in NY in 1900, 1905, 1910, 1915, 1920, 1925 and 1930. I ordered Barnett's death record and know he died in 1945 in NY but I can't find them in the 1940 census. I haven't found any death record for Rose.

They had four daughters:
Judith/Jewel d.o.b. 3/31/1900 NY my great-grandmother who married Charles MacFie in 1922 but I can't find them in the census until 1940. There is a question about a child of his from a first marriage so I would like to find him in the 1930 census.

Annie d.o.b. 1901 NY. I know she marries Jack Baker and they have two daughters:
Ruth d.o.b. 1923 she marries Bud Grace. I know the Bakers are buried in L.A. and the Graces are buried in Fresno.

Frieda d.o.b. 1905 NY I know the least about her. I believe she went by Frances. Unfortunately since I don't know who she married I haven't had any luck tracing her. I have her living with her parents in the 1925 census but I don't know anything after that.

Evelyn d.o.b. 1909 Ware, Massachusetts I was surprised to find out she was born in MA when I ordered her social security application. She married Howard Ostrow and I know from the 1940 NY census they had a daughter born in 1936. I've been trying unsuccessfully to find her. I don't know if they had any other children.

Any idea how I could find more about them or the missing records?

(Sorry I edited out the living people)

(*) Moderator Comment:
Edited in accordance with RootsChat policy of not publishing details of living people here, or details of people who may still be living. This is to protect all concerned from spam, identity abuse, internet abuse, etc, etc.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Lippmans
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 16 April 15 17:11 BST (UK) »
Welcome.  You are likely unaware of it as a new member, but it is against the rules of Roots Chat to post about people who are or may be living.  Therefore, I removed the names of people from your post who were born in the last 100 years and weren't known to be deceased.  If you get further information about their deaths, you are welcome to add that information to the tread.