Author Topic: Look up, John Aden Dace  (Read 8531 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Look up, John Aden Dace
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 18 April 15 19:08 BST (UK) »
I don't think this has been mentioned; could there be any connection:

John Dacey married Emily Baldos(?).  John was of Detroit, Michigan, born England, age 19, Metal Finisher.  Father was John and mother was Lydia Duke. Married 9 June 1934.  In the presence of Frank Florek and Bernice Baldos.  Clergyman was a Roman Catholic priest.

Hi Lisa,

This one shows as a divorce 22 October 1937 Wayne Michigan - Married 9 June 1934 - Number of children = 0  - Divorce granted to  Emily Dacey.  Cruelty and non-support  :'(

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Alders

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 18 April 15 19:14 BST (UK) »
Again thank you so much for this.
Could you think of any reason why Aden would disappear? Would he possibly have joined the military?
I think i have found his brother Kenneth Dace on the 1930 census, still living in Wayne Michigan, the year of birth is correct though he states that he was born in Tennessee, he is a lodger living with Cora Croft & Jeanie Coatsworth, It could be a coincidence?? Also mention of a marriage to Winifred Brebeau in Michigan but i can't see the details.

Ok while i was typing there was new replies!  :)
So he was born John Aden Dace to Florence Warham & John Dace born 1907. That sounds like it could be a good match, though why the name change John, Aden, then John & changing the surname to Dacey??  Also saying he was born in the states. As i mentioned above i think his brother did the same. Would they have had better prospects if they said this? I know Aden's uncles father did the same he was born in Ireland but claimed he was born in Liverpool as the irish were not held in great esteem.

Thanks for you help
Jackie x
Byrne, Butterfield, Gilbert, Sutcliffe, Furey, Alderson, Warham, to name a few!

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 18 April 15 19:19 BST (UK) »
Dearborn US City Directories 1946 - John A Dacey (Helen Dacey)  -  acct - 6036 Mead
Dearborn, Michigan, City Directory  1948  - John A Dacey (Helen)  + Badalament Inc (det)  h 7730 Bingham.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 18 April 15 19:22 BST (UK) »
Dearborn, Michigan, City Directory, 1958 - John A Dacey (Helen) - slsmn - Relaxco - h 4667 Firestone

Dearborn, Michigan, City Directory, 1959 - John A D acey  (Helen) -  slsmn - Relaxco - h 4667 Firestone

Sandra

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 18 April 15 19:24 BST (UK) »
Helen Dacey - 15 September 1915 - 7 June 1998 - Last Residence - 48076 Southfield, Oakland, Michigan. SSN issued - Michigan (Before 1951)

Sandra

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 18 April 15 19:26 BST (UK) »
Possible for John Dacey - 20 October 1907 - passed away February 1974 - Last Residence 33580 Sarasota, Sarasota, Florida.  SSN issued Michigan (Before 1951)
An exact birth date would be needed to verify.

Sandra

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 18 April 15 19:33 BST (UK) »
Again thank you so much for this.
Could you think of any reason why Aden would disappear? Would he possibly have joined the military?
I think i have found his brother Kenneth Dace on the 1930 census, still living in Wayne Michigan, the year of birth is correct though he states that he was born in Tennessee, he is a lodger living with Cora Croft & Jeanie Coatsworth, It could be a coincidence?? Also mention of a marriage to Winifred Brebeau in Michigan but i can't see the details.

Thanks for you help
Jackie x

Mr Kenneth Dace - born 1910 England married 13 July 1935 - Highland Park, Wayne, Michigan.
Father John and Mother Maiden Name Eva  ???  Occupation:=- Janitor.  Spouse Winifred Brabeau aged 22 years - Father - Edward Mother Ethel Sulowa. Witnesses :- Bruce Edward Babeau and Atheline Margaret Thomas.

Sandra

Offline Lisa in California

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 18 April 15 19:42 BST (UK) »
Either a Dacey John Aden or John Aden Dacey (depending upon which site is referenced) had a patent for a therapeutic device.  He was of Detroit, Michigan.  Dated 1954 and 1957.
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 18 April 15 19:43 BST (UK) »
Possible for wife of Kenneth Dace -

Winifred Dace - 22 September 1912 - passed away 12 September 1988 - Last Residence: 34668 Port Richey, Pasco, Florida.    SSN issued - Michigan (Before 1951)

Sandra