Author Topic: Winifred Coyle or Coyne  (Read 4967 times)

Offline elizabeth.thorp

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Winifred Coyle or Coyne
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 09 June 15 17:59 BST (UK) »
I apologize for the delay in replying. When John Archibald and Winifred married they had a son, William John Archibald; I can't remember hearing of any siblings. William married Hannah MacDonald and they had four children, William John Archibald Jr. ( he was my grandfather), Henry, Elizabeth and Irvine. They came to Norwich, Connecticut in the 1920's. I don't know an exact date. William Jr married Dorothy Campbell Miller and had three children;  William John Archibald ,Elizabeth Jane Archibald and Dorothy Anne Archibald. Dorothy was my mother.

Offline explorer2015

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 09 June 15 23:13 BST (UK) »
Hi. It's great to hear from you. I think we are 2nd or 3rd cousins. I've been working on my family tree so I have a few more details for you. John and Winifred had 7 children: William John 1870-1937, Barbara 1871-1894, Annie 1873-1899, Irvine 1875-1877, Irvine 1878-?, Winifred 1880-1883, and lastly Winifred 1884-1959 (my grandmother). William John married his first wife Annie Mathieson McDougall (1871-1903) in 1890. She died of TB, apparently childless. He married Hannah McDonald in 1906. They emigrated to Canada in 1921, but by the time of the 1930 US census, they were living in Norwich.
My father Thomas was the youngest of Winifred's 9 children. Your great grandfather would have been his uncle.
I have other family details but don't want to post them on a public forum. I think once you have posted 3 times you can send a Personal Message.
Holmes, Archibald, Hamilton, McGinlay, Coyle, Coyne

Offline elizabeth.thorp

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 10 June 15 18:24 BST (UK) »

Thank you so much for the information. I had no idea there were so many family members! We are cousins :) I have some documents that I would be happy to send to you if would like them. Just let me know. Please, send me a message anytime.

Elizabeth