Author Topic: Thomson/Austin  (Read 3428 times)

Offline Moren

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Thomson/Austin
« on: Monday 20 April 15 10:26 BST (UK) »
Hello
I would like to make contact with any descendants of the family of John Thomson and Catherine Austin.
John and Catherine married in 1899 in Dumfries and lived in JOHNSTONE AND ELDERSLIE Renfrew.

I know of at least three children
John 1903,Robert 1907 and Leonard 1912

Catherine's sister Marion was married to my late mothers uncle Robert Bell Gilchrist.

Offline bertieoftheCeltic

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Thomson/Austin
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 12 March 19 20:35 GMT (UK) »
Hello There,  I do believe I have some the connections you seek! Catherine Ann Austin married to John Thomson in Dumfries 1899, their son Robert 1907-1937 is my Great Grandfather...his full name is Robert Austin Thomson, he is also know as Bertie Thomson of the Celtic F.C  as he played for them from 1929-33. I have  also managed to trace Catherines mother and fathers names from the wedding certificate details. I have her burial place along with other members too.
how do you connect

Offline Moren

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 13 March 19 09:22 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for the reply.
Catherine Austin's sister Marion was married to my Grandmothers brother Robert Bell Gilchrist.
Marion and Robert had no children Leonard Thomson was informant on Marion's death certificate.
I have some certificates for the Austin family I would be happy to share.
M

Offline bertieoftheCeltic

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 13 March 19 19:42 GMT (UK) »
I look forward to hearing from you as I know nothing of Catherines siblings, only her husband and sons...soo excited much!

Offline Robert Lockard

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 05 May 21 19:08 BST (UK) »
Hello l am the grandson of Winifred Austin, Catherine and Marion's sister. Winifred married my grandfather Francis Lockard (Lockhart) on 14th July 1915 in Glasgow. They had 4 children including my father who was the youngest. Sadly Winifred died in 1926 due to complications of a miscarriage when my father was 2 years old. The children were then split up between the Lockard and Austin/Thompson families. I have some information that may of interest to you, let me know if I can be of help.