Author Topic: Doyle Family  (Read 6426 times)

Offline layfamilyresearch

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Doyle Family
« on: Monday 20 April 15 15:19 BST (UK) »
Hello
I am looking for the Doyle family.  I'm hitting a wall because the names are so common, so here is what I have.  Children: Mary Doyle, born 1870 in Kings County (I believe).  She immigrated to American (Philadelphia) in 1885  and married Charles Donegan.  She died in 1908.  Catherine Doyle born Feb 2, 1873, immigrated to Ireland in 1885, and married Thomas Cody.  She died in 1949.  Catherine raised Mary's children after she passed away, as well as raising several other nieces and nephews.  I believe that her father's name was Patrick and her mother's name was Mary, though I do not have a maiden name for her.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Doyle Family
« Reply #1 on: Monday 20 April 15 16:29 BST (UK) »
Have you found the 2 Doyle girls in the 1900 U.S. Census yet? (month and year of birth should be listed)

Most U.S. certificates have a space of names of both parents- do you have their marriage and death records? Cemetery or church records sometimes also give these details.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 20 April 15 18:03 BST (UK) »
I have a death certificate for Catherine, issued by the state of PA.  The parents listed were Patrick and Mary Doyle.  For Mary, I can find the index, and it says her parents are Patrick and Margaret.  I do know the girls were sisters.  By the 1900 census, both girls were married, and no record of their former lives were recorded. 

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 20 April 15 22:51 BST (UK) »
... By the 1900 census, both girls were married, and no record of their former lives were recorded. 

Do you mean that you have found their marriage records but no details of parents are listed or just that census returns show no family details?
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 21 April 15 00:47 BST (UK) »
Both actually.  Neither of their marriage records record parents names and census records don't contain them either.  The only place I've found them is on their death certificates.