Author Topic: Griqualand west board of executors  (Read 1791 times)

Offline pampoen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Griqualand west board of executors
« on: Thursday 23 April 15 11:27 BST (UK) »
Hi often when searching for a person on NAAIRS I get the following file DEPOT          McGregor Museum, Kimberley                                           
TYPE      Manuscript                                                           
REFERENCE MMK7590/1-989                                                         
DESCRIPTION          Griqualand West Board of Executors.                                         

Does this mean the person I am searching for has an estate file located at the McGregor Museum, Kimberley? If so does one have to write to them and ask for a copy of the file?                                           
Austin, Ayling, Alborough, Bescoby, Cheal, Groom,Rathbone,Tarboton,Lyell and Smith.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline -Glen-

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Griqualand west board of executors
« Reply #1 on: Friday 06 October 17 23:20 BST (UK) »
I believe this means the Museum holds a manuscript (which is different to an Estate File). That's my understanding  :)
Galway, Ireland: Cunningham, Deely, Callanan, Conerneen/Conerney, Mullins and more. London, England:  Callingham, Buck, Parker, Comerford, Staples, Pitter, Gallington, Langhelt, Setzer and more!

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline pampoen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Griqualand west board of executors
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 07 October 17 08:42 BST (UK) »
Thanks
Austin, Ayling, Alborough, Bescoby, Cheal, Groom,Rathbone,Tarboton,Lyell and Smith.