Author Topic: Griqualand west board of executors  (Read 2142 times)

Offline pampoen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Griqualand west board of executors
« on: Thursday 23 April 15 11:27 BST (UK) »
Hi often when searching for a person on NAAIRS I get the following file DEPOT          McGregor Museum, Kimberley                                           
TYPE      Manuscript                                                           
REFERENCE MMK7590/1-989                                                         
DESCRIPTION          Griqualand West Board of Executors.                                         

Does this mean the person I am searching for has an estate file located at the McGregor Museum, Kimberley? If so does one have to write to them and ask for a copy of the file?                                           
Austin, Ayling, Alborough, Bescoby, Cheal, Groom,Rathbone,Tarboton,Lyell and Smith.

Offline -Glen-

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Griqualand west board of executors
« Reply #1 on: Friday 06 October 17 23:20 BST (UK) »
I believe this means the Museum holds a manuscript (which is different to an Estate File). That's my understanding  :)
Galway, Ireland: Cunningham, Deely, Callanan, Conerneen/Conerney, Mullins and more. London, England:  Callingham, Buck, Parker, Comerford, Staples, Pitter, Gallington, Langhelt, Setzer and more! Bearsted/Maidstone, Kent: Lamkin, Langley, Smith

Offline pampoen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Griqualand west board of executors
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 07 October 17 08:42 BST (UK) »
Thanks
Austin, Ayling, Alborough, Bescoby, Cheal, Groom,Rathbone,Tarboton,Lyell and Smith.