Author Topic: 1st AncestryDNA Success!  (Read 3379 times)

Offline weste

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1st AncestryDNA Success!
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 11 June 15 16:29 BST (UK) »
Someone contacted me who had tested on ancestry and we were supposed to be 4th cousins but ged match implied a closer match but at the moment we can't see a match but there is 2 illegitimate lines on the maternal side although i can go back on one but not at all on the other. Its when you try to do an 8 generation chart where you see the damage that it does in respect to finding ancesters. I did get 18 possible 4th cousins, one which i want to contact has n't but another person also contacted me , can't see a link but names in nearby areas so is possible. I'm waiting on moms and sister in laws results as they are being at the moment so i may be able to tell which side the match which is seeming closer is from by mothers rresults. Sister in law was a westwood before she married one with no recent family link other than marriage but has people in same and nearby areas as me. Nephew who is a product of 2 westwoods volunteered himself so that'll really be interesting! Ive got the kit for him. I noticed that if you order directly through ancestry interface on your account it quotes one price but whether that changes when click to pay i don't it but i ordered through the 10% discount offer which they sent and looked to see the price and it was cheaper but still had to log into my account. So probably better to go via email sent with discount on in case you don't get it. Also i get an email one day to say being shipped and it arrives the next day. Iordered tuesday am and got it this morning.It came that quick last time. How about that for delivery!